My Trade

AneMae

I needed something to trade. I had found the cache, there was a small calculator in it. I thought, my daughter is learning math, she could use that. What could I trade? I went back to my car- the broken hula girl? No, it's broken. Oh, what is this? Oh yeah that old blackberry we never use. It has been in the car for over 2 years- I forgot all about it. I want it out of here, might as well trade that. Seems like an unusual trade, but what the heck- I don't want this, it will never be used by me, might as well get rid of it. So I made the trade. I just asked that whoever took it trades something of similar value.

I got this message a couple of days later. It warmed my heart and made me smile. :)

All that and I got my "Leap Day" souvenir today! Rock'n Roll!

"Hi guys...

We're the cachers who picked up your "electronic" piece of fruit in the cache. We've charged it up, and we're sending it to Cuba in April, for a friend there. His son has severe asthma, and he needs to be able to stay in touch with home. Electronics are available there, but only on a hit and miss basis, so he will be very appreciative of this phone.

We returned to the cache today, and dropped off a gift card for "apple" I-tunes as our trade.

Thanks for the "fruit"!