February 29, Happy Leap Year!

Cache-tech

I found one this morning that was memorable because it had eluded me twice before. After school, I headed back out with daughter S of Team_BG so TBG would also have a find today and we went for a quick park and grab memorable only for being found today.

I wonder how many people will find a memorable cache to mark the day, or just a quick smash and grab to fill in that square or get the souvenir? Pesonally, i will be heading out with the family tonight to get a quick one.

I wonder how many people will find a memorable cache to mark the day, or just a quick smash and grab to fill in that square or get the souvenir? Pesonally, i will be heading out with the family tonight to get a quick one.

Quick one for me at 8pm without a flashlight (oops), since there really only was one too choose from. But I already had Feb 29th filled in during a previous year so it didn't matter much. But glad I got out.

I did a bit more than find a cache on the 29th.

First, I subscribed my 8 year old son as a Geocacher on GC.com, on his birthday, February 29.

Next, we went out and found his first geocache ever, both of us earning a find and the souvenir (which was really a very minor bonus for me, considering his birthday was much more important to me than the souvenir).

And after that, we went out and hid a cache together (in the dark), which would also be his first cache hide.

It was a busy day for my son (the little trooper) on a school night, but we had accomplished many little things that will hopefully be the beginning of a pastime we can share together for many years to come.

I did a bit more than find a cache on the 29th.

First, I subscribed my 8 year old son as a Geocacher on GC.com, on his birthday, February 29.

Next, we went out and found his first geocache ever, both of us earning a find and the souvenir (which was really a very minor bonus for me, considering his birthday was much more important to me than the souvenir).

And after that, we went out and hid a cache together (in the dark), which would also be his first cache hide.

It was a busy day for my son (the little trooper) on a school night, but we had accomplished many little things that will hopefully be the beginning of a pastime we can share together for many years to come.

That is fantastic. Sometimes there is nothing more rewarding than experiencing things through the eyes of your children. Over the years we have enjoyed including our children in things we have done. What a great start to hopefully many fun years of geocaching and many other adventures you will go on together.