Are you allowed to put a cache under El tracks.

Coldgears

I may in the minority opinion here, but I suspect that your local reviewer is more aware of local laws and policy than the international kangaroo court that hangs out in here. :rolleyes:

Count me as agreeing with you.

I have no way of knowing how well versed any given reviewer may or may not be in local laws. As for policy, I assume you mean GS policy. A lot of people in this "international kangaroo court" are very knowledgeable.

The reviewer will interpret the policies/guidelines based, in part, on their own interpretation of those policies.

I suspect that generally reviewers use an abundance of caution in situations like this. And the reviewer will definitely have the last word on this. As well he should.

Edit: Punctuation

Edited by Trinity's Crew

Nevermind, (I think) the issue was more about being a terrorist target rather than a trespassing spot.

As it cited a local bomb squad removing the cache.

The pre-written note is very confusing, I think I will have to clarify with the reviewer.

With the usual caveat about precedents, different rules for different locations, etc. I have seen caches beneath the 'L' in Chicago.

Nevermind, (I think) the issue was more about being a terrorist target rather than a trespassing spot.

As it cited a local bomb squad removing the cache.

The pre-written note is very confusing, I think I will have to clarify with the reviewer.

With the usual caveat about precedents, different rules for different locations, etc. I have seen caches beneath the 'L' in Chicago.

Yes, I don't know if the reviewer is unaware about the existence of a train system above the ground. His first thought was that it was in a building... It really makes me wonder... Though, I still doubt this, as he apparently lives in the area as I have met him at a couple events...

I don't know whats wrong with the cache...

Oh, I saw that one in the Pennsylvania queue. I thought "no way, the coordinates have to be wrong."

Who owns the land where the cache is located? Do you have permission from them? It is that landowner/land manager who is best equipped with knowledge about who owns air rights, easement rights, rights of way and other complex land interest concepts common in an urban rail corridor. That landowner knows more than your reviewer, maybe even more than you. So, let your reviewer know what the landowner had to say about your cache location.

Until we hear that answer, it's a 150 foot minimum distance.