Which of yours is your favorite cache

jellis

Seeing Spots in Washington was my favorite cache until the airport parking company was forced to remove the spots from their vans. But hey it's still a landmark for me to find good off site airport parking. But it is no longer my favorite.

My favorite cache I own right now is one of my newest. It's not as high tech as the ones I've heard about in Washington but for our area I have had cachers have fun with it. It's called High Tech Hobo Stew. Where I threw in different stages with different bar codes, a chirp and a black light stage.

I also have one puzzle I created for another cacher, Tango501, that I think I am the only one who thought of it. Can't tell you how to solve it, but it is easy once you spot what I did. It's called "Don't give me any back lip".

A Traditional I created for another cacher, IrishJen, had very good reports on how evil but fun it was. That one is called Brazil Quarry. That's the name of the park it's in nothing to do with the cache.

But some may have seen it in another thread in the forum.

So what cache do you own that is your favorite?

Edited by jellis

My favorite traditional geocache that I hid is one beside a graveyard hidden in the woods behind my house, and is the final resting place for souls who lived in the 19th century. It was a super neat place to stumble upon as a kid. :)

Out of my Earthcaches it's a little harder to choose because I've left them behind in so many pretty places I visited while traveling, but I guess the winner would be the one at Victoria Falls. Firstly it was my first Earthcache (I still can't believe no one placed one there until a little over a year ago!), and second I just love to see the pictures people post as the falls look dramatically different from the dry to rainy season and back.

Tough call. But since you specified only one, I guess I'd go with Wheri(wanna)go Night Caching

As the name implies, it is a Wherigo type cache. It is also a night cache. And a puzzle cache. It requires about 4.5 miles of hiking, and 2.5 miles of this is through a wetland environment. The quest takes you to 5 ammo cans. Inside each ammo can is some sort of physical puzzle (Rubik's cube, monkey puzzle, cryptex tube, etc), which you have to successfully solve to get the answer to trigger the next stage becoming active on your GPS. Then you are led to the final, another ammo can. If you use your tracklog whilst bushwhacking betwixt the 5 stages you draw a giant pentacle.

Of our active caches, my favorite probably would be Monkey Trap, which is inspired by an actual monkey trap.

Essentially, it's a wooden box with a 3.25-inch hole in the top and a 3-inch PVC pipe inside, which serves as the cache. If you stick your hand inside the hole and grab the cache, then you cannot get your hand back out as long as you're holding the cache.

Intellectually, you realize it's impossible. But, instinctively, you're convinced you can. People (especially kids) seem to have lots of fun trying.

My favorite traditional geocache that I hid is one beside a graveyard hidden in the woods behind my house, and is the final resting place for souls who lived in the 19th century. It was a super neat place to stumble upon as a kid. :)

Out of my Earthcaches it's a little harder to choose because I've left them behind in so many pretty places I visited while traveling, but I guess the winner would be the one at Victoria Falls. Firstly it was my first Earthcache (I still can't believe no one placed one there until a little over a year ago!), and second I just love to see the pictures people post as the falls look dramatically different from the dry to rainy season and back.

We'll there's already a virtual on the Zambian side of the falls and a traditional cache on the Zim side. Unfortunately that traditional, placed in 2003, appears that it may be destined for archival. I'm not sure that the owner is still active, and even if he was I'm not sure how he'd go about addressing the issues specified in the reviewer note. The reviewer states that there have been complaints of trackable items going missing (when did that become grounds for a needs maintenance log?) and that park officials trying to extort money from geocachers. The cache is inside a park which has an entrance fee (mentioned on the cache page). I think I had to pay $30 or so when I was there. Based on my experience traveling in Africa and other places I have to wonder if the "extortion" is coming from park employees or someone claiming to be an park employee that is trying to acquire a few Zim dollars, and those that complained just aren't aware of the local culture and how commonplace bribery is in many places in Africa. A geocacher near ground zero would have already paid the entrance fee.

So far, my new puzzle cache. The puzzle is 3D. Cachers need to print off and build paper blocks then construct a picture to find a set of coordinates. Then cachers need to go find a 'rocket' with numbers on it, make a call on their cell phone, then get instructions to the final cache.

Baby Jack Jack saves the world

Also, my traditional cache with the most favorite points has 23 so far. It was a simple idea (hang a cache from a walkway with a piece of fishing line so it dangles slightly underneath the bridge, top of the cache looks like a birds nest). I"m surprised at all the favorite points it's gotten.

Song Sparrow

As much as I like these, I still feel there's an 'epic' cache inside of me somehow, waiting for the right time to break free. :D

Edited by The_Incredibles_