Pocket Query died?

Tubby Rower

I haven't received one of my pocket queries in a week or so. The number of the query is 8962. It used to be my main PQ, but since it hasn't run in a while and my dad is coming up this weekend, I used another one of my queries and it ran today and I got it no problem. I also ran a 3rd one and it was ok too.

I sent an email to contact@gc.com and no reply yet. I figured that they are fighting login problem and such stuff really more important than this. So I thought that I would try here and see if someone could help.

Seriously, Jeremy & other such coders, if you're still working on other problems don't worry about me....yet. I can use the others PQ's for now. And I'm not gonna die if I don't have 5 PQ's running each day. I just thought that there might be a problem here and would bring it up. Thanks for all of your hard work!!!

kc

row, row, row your boat

I had the same issue a few weeks ago. I just stopped getting the PQs I had in the system. So, I started making new ones whenever I needed one and got them right away. This week I forgot to delete them and since a week has passed, I got them as scheduled.

So, my recommendation would be to delete your old ones, and put in new ones (same PQ, if you like) and just wait a week. They should come regularly then.

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice how anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac, while anyone that caches less than you do is an idiot? -Dru Morgan

Wasn't there a problem with people reaching the max PQ limit of 5? They deleted one and the system still thought that they had 5. After reading that thread, I had just hit the 5 limit and was scared to delete one because then I might lose it forever.

Am I just being paranoid?

kc

row, row, row your boat

quote:
Originally posted by Tubby Rower:

I haven't received one of my pocket queries in a week or so. The number of the query is 8962. It used to be my main PQ, but since it hasn't run in a while and my dad is coming up this weekend, I used another one of my queries and it ran today and I got it no problem. I also ran a 3rd one and it was ok too.

That's really odd. The queries should be running normally. I'll look into that query for you.

quote:
Wasn't there a problem with people reaching the max PQ limit of 5? They deleted one and the system still thought that they had 5. After reading that thread, I had just hit the 5 limit and was scared to delete one because then I might lose it forever.

Am I just being paranoid?

I don't remember if that was a bug or not, but if it was, it was fixed a long time ago. You should be able to delete and recreate your queries.

frog.gif Elias

Your pocket query generated at 6/18/2003 11:24:46 AM (today).

Elias is checking our mail server but it is possible your email account is not allowing large files to be sent to you.

UPDATE: Elias checked the mail server and the zipped file (and email) was delivered.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

Your pocket query generated at 6/18/2003 11:24:46 AM (today).

Elias is checking our mail server but it is possible your email account is not allowing large files to be sent to you.

UPDATE: Elias checked the mail server and the zipped file (and email) was delivered.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

That's weird. Still didn't get it. I got PQ # 9268 at 1:11pm yesterday, but not 8962. They have the same search criteria. I'm going to delete it tomorrow if it's still not working. Since I am getting my other PQ's then a new one that's created should work too.

Thanks for your help Elias and Jeremy. Sorry to take up your time on something fairly trivial.

kc

row, row, row your boat

quote:
Originally posted by Tubby Rower:

Thanks for your help Elias and Jeremy. Sorry to take up your time on something fairly trivial.

Don't worry about it. Reliability of our Pocket Queries is important to us so we're always willing to look into these issues. If you continue to have problems, let us know and we'll try to diagnose this further.

frog.gif Elias