How do I Change my name

chuckcolvin50

When i signed up I used my real name, now i have seen a lot of "good ~ crazy ~ fun " names.

How do i change my Geo name ? The one I sign the logs with and still get credits for here.

ALSO > What happens to all my finds / post / credits i have already gotten ?

Thanks to all who hide & answer questions

Chuck

Chuckcolvin50@yahoo.com

Change it here

http://www.geocaching.com/account/ChangeUserName.aspx

Nothing else about your account changes. All your finds stay as they are. but if a CO wants to challenge your find because they don't see your new screen name on there logs you will need to explain the situation to them. Or you can go back through all your logs and edit them to mention you changed your screen name.

Is there a way to duplicate an account and use a different name? For example, my husband and I have a "joint" account here, and I'd like to have my own, but don't want to start at zero finds since we've found 325. Is there a way to do this or am I just stuck at starting over?

Is there a way to duplicate an account and use a different name?
The only way to do it is to create a new account and then re-log all the caches logged in the original account. When you re-log the caches, you can use the date of the original log, and mention that you originally logged it as part of the original team account.