[Feature] - Allow getting images for Garmin units

TheKickers

Now that Garmin has added support for images within geocache description, and for spoiler images, it would be great to have the option to get cache images to our devices along with the GPX file. At least for pocket queries :-).

How this could work:

- in the PQ page, there would be a new checkbox "include images"

- the zip file sent by email would contain not only the gpx files, but also a folder with images, preferably organized as garmin expects them (see bottom of Garmin description).

Adding option to save images when not using PQ would be good to, of course :-).

This way, garmin user could just copy the gpx and the images to the device without the need for any additional applications.

Thanks for considering this...

I would think such a feature would need quite a few additional considerations. Such as size/number of images in a zip - just page pictures - just log pictures - just geocaching site pictures - etc etc.....

Sure. I can imagine limiting the result on file size, or decrease the max number of caches from current 500 to smaller number. Also selecting the type of images is important, I think that most important are the images from the cache description - some caches can't be found without seeing the images...

I would really appreciate if this Garmin-Feature would be added for Geocaching.com too.

From a Garmin-blog I know, that this feature is already supported by another Caching-Website, but I'm not allowed to link there, as it could be misunderstood as a sort of advertisment. Anyway, from that blog it seems that on the other website it's solved by four download choices for a cache: With all photos, spoilers and required ones only, required ones only, none. A similar solution may do that job here too, if the cache owners would mark their photos as spiolers and/or required ones.