Any way to display DNF icons on map?

Fryguy1111

I just realized that I had a DNF on a find I did a while back and wanted to see if there was a quick visual way to see any caches I marked DNF. I figured that if the maps displayed the blue DNF icon, it'd be pretty easy to see which I've DNF'd rather than not looked for yet (it's a difference I think is important). Has this been suggested at all? Is this a good idea?

Thanks.

While at first glance I like this idea but has me wondering would said icon be able to change once I find the cache that I DNFed? This is one thing that drives me nuts with my GPSr once I DNF a cache on it I lose it on my list until I run a new PQ but it shows up as unfound once again. So not sure how my unit would handle it if it shows up as a DNF on my PQ.

I just realized that I had a DNF on a find I did a while back and wanted to see if there was a quick visual way to see any caches I marked DNF. I figured that if the maps displayed the blue DNF icon, it'd be pretty easy to see which I've DNF'd rather than not looked for yet (it's a difference I think is important). Has this been suggested at all? Is this a good idea?

Thanks.

With the recent, um, controversial mapping page update there was a bug that caused caches that had a DNF log to show up on the map with a smiley face (when a PQ which showed unfound caches was used). The icons would switch to the a "green rectangle" if you clicked on the Pocket Queries tab. I haven't checked lately to see if the bug was fixed but I suggested a few days ago that the bug be turned into a feature (using a blue frown icon) when a cache being displayed had a DNF log and no subsequent found it logs. I agree that it would be useful to see caches on a map that one has not found *and* has logged a DNF.

I haven't tried it, but does a "my finds" PQ show the DNF's?

A MyFinds query shows all the caches you've found. It will have all of your logs for those caches, so if you've previously logged a DNF, you'll get that log.

But it isn't a query that returns all caches on which you have a log.

The only way I know of right now to see caches I've DNFed is to bookmark them as you DNF them. I wouldn't bother to query that list. I'd just download a KML file from the bookmark and take a look at it in Google Earth. But you certainly could query it as well.

Once again, GSAK will provide a semi-solution. If I were interested in this, I'd put the DNF bookmark query in GSAK, use gloabal replace to change all cache types to Wherigo (or 10year! or HQ Event), and concatenate that query with whatever new query of caches I was interested in doing. Map the whole thing, once again from GSAK. Any Wherigos on the map are previous DNFS and everything else isn't (well, this assuming there are no real Wherigo in the data).