Multi and Puzzle Caches

teadams

I go out geocaching into a new area that has several regular geocaches and one Multi. Due to the trail I pick, I find all of the regular caches and near the end of the hike, find the first way point of the multi.

I know I can load it onto the cache page by tapping the flag etc., however, if I'm done caching for the day, how do I go about saving this new information with that specific geocache? I can add a note via notepad which seems to be the answer but then I need to re-enter the coordinates once I am again looking for that next waypoint.

Second question - there is a puzzle cache in my area with 22 actual caches. Check GC37JC0 to see what I mean. While I've solved several of the puzzles, is there some way for me to add this 'new' waypoint to each of the caches on my iPhone and save them (other than the notepad) with the cache so I don't need to re-enter them each time I'm moving on to the next cache in the series?

Am I missing something?

Tim

Tim - I add a waypoint (by tapping the flag) as you mentioned. The site always retains that information so next time I pull up the particular cache (whether via a pocket query or just by a seavh by number or in the locality) it recalls that extra waypoint within the navigation section. Better than using the notepad in my opinion as that data put into the notepad transfers to the site within minutes if you have a live data connection and doesn't stay on the phone. Hope I've understood the issue and that the answer helps!

Tim - I add a waypoint (by tapping the flag) as you mentioned. The site always retains that information so next time I pull up the particular cache (whether via a pocket query or just by a seavh by number or in the locality) it recalls that extra waypoint within the navigation section. Better than using the notepad in my opinion as that data put into the notepad transfers to the site within minutes if you have a live data connection and doesn't stay on the phone. Hope I've understood the issue and that the answer helps!

Well, I was apparently doing something wrong but having seen that the waypoints remain for you, I went into the app this morning and tried again. Quit the App, reloaded, search and found the same cache and my saved data is also there. Thanks for letting me know it does work!

Searching this section for help on Multis, this is the closest topic I found. My question: is there a way to go to the stages of a multi-cache without having to write down and the enter the coordinates into the app? Surely when you click on the waypoint flag to create a new waypoint a list of existing ones from the cache page should also be available. If it is then I missed it

Searching this section for help on Multis, this is the closest topic I found. My question: is there a way to go to the stages of a multi-cache without having to write down and the enter the coordinates into the app? Surely when you click on the waypoint flag to create a new waypoint a list of existing ones from the cache page should also be available. If it is then I missed it

You didn't specify, but I'm going to assume you're using an iPhone.

If you're referring to additional waypoints that have been added to a cache by the owner, like parking or trailhead coordinates, there's a button on each cache (if it has any such waypoints), right under "Navigate to Geocache":

15672h1.png