Found Caches on Maps

NDOkie

Has anyone come up with a method to increase the map area that shows found caches? I would like to be able to see or at least filter my finds out of a larger map area than GC presently supports. I would like to see at least the ability to do this over a 100 mile radius because where I live the cache density is not particularly high. This feature would allow easier trip planning prior to running PQ's for the trip.

Has anyone come up with a method to increase the map area that shows found caches? I would like to be able to see or at least filter my finds out of a larger map area than GC presently supports. I would like to see at least the ability to do this over a 100 mile radius because where I live the cache density is not particularly high. This feature would allow easier trip planning prior to running PQ's for the trip.

You could create a PQ that selects caches "I have found". You can push the radius out to 500 miles. It won't show archived caches.

Alternatively you could probably map all of your "My Finds" with GSAK.

You could create a PQ that selects caches "I have found". You can push the radius out to 500 miles. It won't show archived caches.

Alternatively you could probably map all of your "My Finds" with GSAK.

They weren't asking how to view their finds. They were wanting to know if there was a way to view all caches in their area, with their finds indicated on the map so they know which ones they haven't found. Since their area is sparsely-populated with caches, they have to zoom out to a level where the finds are no longer indicated.

@NDOkie: Someone may have come up with a Greasemonkey script to do what you want, but I'm not at all knowledgable in that area. Someone else might come along and make a suggestion.

I'm thinking that if you setup a pocket query with the options:

• show caches that "I haven't found"
  • the starting origin be "my home location"
  • within a radius of 100 miles

That should give you a list of geocaches that have been found but filters out the ones that you found starting from your house and out 100 miles. Then when you go to the geocaching maps you click on the pocket query tab, there is a section for the one you just created. When you click on that pocket query it will only show the results of that one. Any help on creating the pocket query let me know.

Thanks, everyone for the feedback.

The PQ method is essentially what I do today using either EASYGPS or GSAK to view the result. As stated, the newer map function allows me to see these on the GC maps. This method is just kludgy whereas having direct visibility on the GC maps would be much more efficient (particularly when there is a 5 query limit per day).