Need help

acachebox

I have a note in my file of something I did on Jan 28. It refers to an cache GZGZ-- How can I look up this cache by it's number?

GZGZ isn't a valid identifier for a cache. All Geocaching.com cache identifiers start with "GC". I tried looking up "GCGZ", but it doesn't exist. I tried "GCGZGZ", but it's in Montana, and it doesn't look like you were anywhere near there around that date.

Do you remember where it was? You could look on the map to find it. Other than that, I have no idea what the GZGZ might refer to. Was it shorthand for the cache name, maybe?

I have a note in my file of something I did on Jan 28. It refers to an cache GZGZ-- How can I look up this cache by it's number?

GZGZ isn't a valid identifier for a cache. All Geocaching.com cache identifiers start with "GC". I tried looking up "GCGZ", but it doesn't exist. I tried "GCGZGZ", but it's in Montana, and it doesn't look like you were anywhere near there around that date.

Do you remember where it was? You could look on the map to find it. Other than that, I have no idea what the GZGZ might refer to. Was it shorthand for the cache name, maybe?

I purposely did not complete the full number of the cache, note the 2 -- at the end, If you were able to look up several cache numbers that is what I asking. How do I look up a given cache by just it's number.

All right I accept that but how do I look up items that do not start with GC? IE travel bugs, coins, and cards.

I think I have figured out my note. I dropped a TB on that day and noted the bug's number for posting later.

Still would like to know how to search an item by it's number.

Edited by acachebox

A search in google will turn up all references to that sequence

An interesting approach but had no results.

I am beginning to think it was the serial number typed on a TB I dropped that day but the TB reference number listed on line is not the number typed on the bug. Is there a way to search for the actual number on the bug?

On that date, you logged a "found it" for GC1W1PY BIG RED TRACTOR:

Found it 01/28/2012

Picked up ******

Maybe the note in your file had something to do with that?

It's this travel bug, and you need to edit your "found it" log to remove the tracking number, which is not supposed to be posted publicly.

Use the "public" reference number:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB2THJN

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Just for clarification : coord.info is Groundspeak's short URL redirector. You cannot use it with the code that is on the trackable or geocoin, but only with its "public" code (the one that starts with TB).

To go directly to the cache page of a trackable with its "secret" code, use :

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=CODE