Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CYBret

My pocket query is empty

When the GPX files were offered I switched my Pocket Queries over from the old .loc format to .gpx. That's the ONLY change I made. Tonight I was going to load all my waypoints into my GPS and discovered that my query for local caches (within 100 miles) is completely empty. I went back and looked at last week's file (which I didn't use) and found that it contained only ONE cache (which I found this past Saturday, so it doesn't meet the requirements for this query anymore).

HELP! I didn't change anything else. Where did they all go?

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

Well, I did some work on the pocket query last night and had it sent to me again this morning. The only change I made was to have it zipped and that seems to have helped a little.

The file I got back only has 38 caches listed where there should be something like 300 or more. I guess I'll re-do the query completely and see if I get a different result tomorrow.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

And I thought it was me! I'm seeing the same problem i.e. a pre-existing query changed from LOC to GPX and suddenly I go from 450 caches to about 30-40.

I wasn't going to post a question here until I'd explored all possibilities but it sounds as if there could possibly be a general problem.

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.