Notification for uncached days.

US Citizen

Rather than going into my statistics page, I think it would be nice to sign up for a notification alert: "Uncached Days". The alert could send a message, "Hey, you have a blank spot on your 366 days of caching calender for tomorrow so go out and find a cache tomorrow."

I think the alert should give a little bit of a warning vs letting me know that it's today. I would much rather know the day before vs today.

Other options would be:

give a notification for uncached days over the next 7 days

give a notification for next (X) consecutive days; ie: 13 March thru 17 March. In this case, 5 days.

If you cannot come up with constructive criticism like the others who have replied, don't bother posting.

that part made almost made me snork my pepsi.

A little while ago I too got hit by the calendar filling bug. I think it was two things. I saw the leap year events (I think there are hundreds of leap day events this week) pop up and saw that four years ago I did not find a cache on February 29th. Then when looking at my calendar I see that February is a fairly large gap for me. Probably because that last few years have been a cache covering winter wonderland. Might as well take advantage of the nice weather we're having.

US Citizen: Do you have a smartphone? I have a Droid. I love the google calender app. It wouldn't be that hard to make a few events for those days you are missing a cache. It has a nice notification feature that reminds me of things like doctors appointments or could easily be "go outiside, get some fresh air, find a cache today" If you don't have a smartphone, the google calender on their website works the same way (mine is linked between the website and my phone) and can send you emails or maybe even text messages.

Grab the calendar off the wall and sit down and look at your stats page. Mark every day needed with a highlighter. Put the calendar on the fridge.

Even easier. Just print your stats page and stick that on the fridge.

This sounds the easiest. You could hang a pen next to it and mark off the open days as you fill 'em. Make it a red pen so it looks all official like.

I certainly hope TPTB don't waste time on it.

I printed a calendar in October for the winter/spring months. Marked out the days I had with black sharpie, highlighted the missing days in yellow. I keep it on my desk in eyesight so I don't forget. Thankfully the days I was missing are happening mainly on weekends so come March I'll have 366!

"snork my pepsi" - Great quote. Love it!! and I couldn't agree more. :laughing:

I sat down with my calendar and put a circle around every day that I need a cache for. That way when I look at my calendar for appointments and such, I also see which days I need caches. It's easier for me than using my phone or computer, because when I look at my calendar I'm planning my days.

It's working so far. I've got all of February filled in except for this Wednesday. :D