Looking for an old cache

tuvas

So, I've recently started to really get into Geocaching, but my first ever cache was found in 2005, when I was visiting family. I remember the location, the description, etc, but I've been unable to find it so I can log this first cache of mine... I've even tried quite a few pocket queries to see if I can come up with something that looks right, to no avail. Specifically, I'm curious about the following.

1. There appears now to be a cache in the same spot, but I found the cache 4 years prior to it's place date. This new cache roughly the same area, and the same feature. Is it possible that there was previously a cache there, but it got archived in such a way that no searching will find it again? The cache, incidentally, is http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC1NY47 .

2. I've searched all cache that are not enabled, there are none close to where this way. Is there any way that the cache could have been deleted so that it wouldn't show up in the disabled list?

archived caches do not show on the maps nor will they be in any PQ's

unless you know the GC code you have no way to track it on the site

btw disabled and archived are completely different things, you can still see the disabled caches on the maps and run PQ's for them

and caches are never deleted

Edited by t4e

So, I've recently started to really get into Geocaching, but my first ever cache was found in 2005, when I was visiting family. I remember the location, the description, etc, but I've been unable to find it so I can log this first cache of mine... I've even tried quite a few pocket queries to see if I can come up with something that looks right, to no avail. Specifically, I'm curious about the following.

1. There appears now to be a cache in the same spot, but I found the cache 4 years prior to it's place date. This new cache roughly the same area, and the same feature. Is it possible that there was previously a cache there, but it got archived in such a way that no searching will find it again? The cache, incidentally, is http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC1NY47 .

2. I've searched all cache that are not enabled, there are none close to where this way. Is there any way that the cache could have been deleted so that it wouldn't show up in the disabled list?

See "How do I view an archived cache". Unless you know its code you may be hardpressed. Did you find it on your own or with another cacher? If the latter you could look on their logs.