Geocaching Map Enhancements

jri
Followers 46

On 4/23/2021 at 5:26 PM, arm-chair said:

same problem for me. It happened once before and I think it was a cookie issue

Last time a link on the pages to cookiebot.com was causing the problem - blocking cookiebot.com, using your favourite adblocking software, resolved it. This time it looks different, I've tried blocking all external links and GME still won't play. Someone's going to have to look at the source and see if they can figure out what needs changing, I'm hoping @JimJinks is going to pop along soon - he's resolved earlier issues, when @jri wasn't around.

I have come up with a temporary fix, it was the logged in detection which was not working, it looks like the element at the top of the page has changed.

//loggedin: (!!document.getElementById("ctl00_uxLoginStatus_divSignedIn") || !!document.getElementById("uxLoginStatus_divSignedIn")),
loggedin: true,

I commented out first line, line 133 (with //) and added second line as line 134 to force logged in status to be true.

I then had to re-add the OS map source to GME settings as it had disappeared.

2 minutes ago, wendykmj said:

Hi Jim, being rather thick today..... just cannot remember how to amend the GME source code as you have suggested.  Can you explain please?

Many thanks

Wendykmj

Depends on what browser and script manager you are using.

For Chrome/Tampermonkey click the extension icon on the toolbar (black square with two dots) and select Dashboard.

Find "Geocaching Map Enhancements" in the list and click name to open editor.

Make changes to listing and click File & Save

Jim, Many thanks..... of course as soon as you mentioned Greasemonkey (or similar) I remembered how I have edited it before.

Now works a treat and I did not have to add the OS map Bing Key again either...

Super job.....

On 4/25/2021 at 12:17 PM, JimJinks said:

I have come up with a temporary fix, it was the logged in detection which was not working, it looks like the element at the top of the page has changed.

//loggedin: (!!document.getElementById("ctl00_uxLoginStatus_divSignedIn") || !!document.getElementById("uxLoginStatus_divSignedIn")),
loggedin: true,

I commented out first line, line 133 (with //) and added second line as line 134 to force logged in status to be true.

I then had to re-add the OS map source to GME settings as it had disappeared.

I've not been successful at doing this amendment.  Got into TM ok, accessed the edit functions and found the first line to be listed at 138.  Made the changes as shown but still do not get the GME options shown under the down arrow.

I was on V0.9.0, I reverted to V0.8.0 - correct line numbering 133 with the older version but still not working for me.

Noted I have a red cross at line 29 (on both versions of the script) that shows "/* global $, amplify, DMM, FileReader, GM, GM_xmlhttpRequest, Groundspeak, L, LatLon, mapLatLng, MapSettings */"

Any idea whizz-kids?

Edited by Sue and Bernie
Further invest with older script installed.
20 hours ago, Sue and Bernie said:

do not get the GME options shown under the down arrow

The mod doesn't give this, only the map on the cache page. Latest version of script is 0.8.2

Edited by JimJinks
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, longwhatton34 said:

I use GME in Firefox with Greasemonkey and can't see how to update the script to show OS maps in the mini map. If I can update it will it also show the line from the original coords to the new ones?

Click the monkey icon on the toolbar, select "Geocaching Map Enhancements" in the list, select edit. Make the change and click the diskette in top left to save.

All normal function on the mini map is restored.

Edited by JimJinks
Posted (edited)

Ah, yay! I was about to report that the minimap is still non-functioning, in the openuserjs forum, but found the link to this post (in the UK/Ireland forum!) with the temporary fix.

Will GME be getting an update soon to deal with all the web changes that have been happening by HQ recently?

For now, glad to have the mini map enhancements back, even if it's just a hotfix :)

Edited by thebruce0
On 5/13/2021 at 8:51 AM, JimJinks said:

Click the monkey icon on the toolbar, select "Geocaching Map Enhancements" in the list, select edit. Make the change and click the diskette in top left to save.

All normal function on the mini map is restored.

Thanks Jim, I didn't have a clue so I just copied and overwrote the script and checked a couple of caches. The OS map and blue line are both back in the minimap. Cheers

Anybody else that have problems with this script changing links to images in found logs on the cache page?

After the actual image it adds &pop=and a base64 encoded string containing the waypoints for the cache. This only happens when the cachepage contains more than one waypoint. With one waypoint, everything is OK

Example of link on the cache page

https://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/large/b3a348db-b782-43e4-bf5f-5cdcb1388a21.jpg&pop=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

Example of what the base64 string decodes to

{"primary":[{"lat":59.36797,"lng":11.24368,"type":2,"name":"Bøkollen","isUserDefined":false,"oldLatLngDisplay":"N 59° 22.078' E 011° 14.621'"}],"additional":[{"lat":59.3721,"lng":11.23783,"type":217,"name":"Dueholveien (Parking Area)","pf":"P0"},{"lat":59.37238,"lng":11.23902,"type":221,"name":"Veien mot Bøkollen (Trailhead)","pf":"T0"}]}

On 6/2/2021 at 8:29 PM, reybr said:

After the actual image it adds &pop=and a base64 encoded string containing the waypoints for the cache. 

If you want to get rid of this, after line 1274 which says

uri += b64encode(JSON.stringify(cache_coords));

add a new line which says

uri = "";

I think the intended purpose of this bit of code is to pass the WP information to the larger map but it is affecting other links as well.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, JimJinks said:

I think the intended purpose of this bit of code is to pass the WP information to the larger map but it is affecting other links as well.

I had almost forgotten that it used to work that way.

Thanks for the workaround. Works great :)