Geocaching Map Enhancements

jri

When you use the 'i' tool to measure out a route, you can now click on the route markers to show their coordinates, or to delete the marker. That should mean you can edit a route rather than having to redraw it from scratch.

Thanks for doing this. Not having to redraw the whole route is a god send now. Especially when your plotting out 35 miles of walking in the Lake District.

Cheers :)

Edit - Just noticed that I don't get the cross hair cursor, do I need to do anything to get it?

What browser and hardware are you using? You shouldn't have to do anything other than clicking the 'i' icon, but it might not work for all systems, especially if they're touchscreen-based (on account of not having a normal mouse).

As some of you might have noticed, GME v0.6.9 is on the streets! Here's the summary of the changes in the new version:

+ New, easier to use, route-drawing tool. Routes can also be edited by dragging and dropping waypoint pins.

+ Support for the new Planning Map.

+ GME tools widget now also works on Trackables maps.

+ New i tool option to hide or show all geocaches on the map

* Replaced obsolete Czech map source in default configuration (reset GME configuration to defaults to use this).

* Made Directions links work with the new Google Maps.

* Info tool and route tool now also work with mouse right-click

* Lots of minor speed, stability and user interface improvements.

- Route options no longer included on i tool.

Route drawing now has its own tool. Click the pin icon to turn it on, click on the map to draw the route, and click the pin icon again to turn it off. As you draw the route, the widget at the bottom of the screen will keep track of how long it is. You can either right- or left-click on the map; right-clicking avoids having the cache details pop up every time you click near a cache. If you make a mistake, you can click and drag the pins to move them. You can also click on the pins to delete them, either individually or all at once. Plus, you can click on a pin to get a .GPX file containing your route. Exporting the .GPX files works differently in different browsers, and depending on what other software you have installed. You might need to either left- or right-click on the GPX link, and you will probably need to set give the file a meaningful name that ends in ".gpx". You might also be able to drag-n-drop the GPX link into some other programs to save it.

You can only work with one route at a time, but you can also display routes from GPX files by dragging-n-dropping them onto the map. This means that if you've finished drawing one route, you can drag its GPX link onto the map, where it will appear as a non-editable route. You can then clear all the pins from the original route and start again with a new one.

The other new thing about the i tool is that there's an option to show and hide the caches. This can be useful when you zoom the map out a long way: often there are so many caches shown, you can't see what's underneath. It's also handy when you're not geocaching and you want to use the GME tools to research a place or plan a route without being distracted by all the caches to find!

As ever, further documentation and instructions are at geo.inge.org.uk/gme.htm

With the new 0.6.9 when I mouse-over the four icons in the lower-left corner on the map, a strange bubble "see tourist" shows, before the "real" bubbles (location, route, home, configure) show up.

Unless that's part of the name of a geocache hidden under the icons, I've no idea why that's happening, and I can't replicate it. Can you let me know which browser you are using, and whether you have any other userscripts installed that work on Geocaching.com? Also, if you could send me a screenshot, that would help me figure out what's going on.

you could send me a screenshot, that would help me figure out what's going on

SeeTourists.png

Unless that's part of the name of a geocache hidden under the icons

As embarrassing as it may be, there's really a geocache named "see tourists" (that I hadn't heard of before) hiding beneath the icons. Its bubble pops up faster than any of the four GME bubbles, and I would have never thought of a coincidence like that.

On 0.6.9, I'm experiencing a coordinates issue. Click on the i button to enable the location info tool. Click on any point on the map (it might help if it is near the E/W meridian line). When the coords are shown, they are currently showing East instead of West for West cordinates. Here's a pic showing the issue:

d664f313-737b-4e5d-9341-f8e936209345.jpg?rnd=0.5023419

Rutland Water is West, not East, of the meridian.

For some reason I'm not seeing the GME console on the main map page currently. It is active, and it does work on the individual cache listings' map widgets, but it's not visible on the full browser map. Am I missing something somewhere? I am on 0.6.9

The most common reason for this is that you have got the map switched to using the Google Maps API rather than Leaflet Maps. GME only works with Leaflet (which is the default elsewhere on the site, and for non-Premium members). You can switch between the two using the "Set Map Preferences" button at the bottom of the side panel to the left of the main map.

If that wasn't the problem, let me know what browser you are using, and whether any errors show up in the browser console when you reload the main map page.

On 0.6.9, I'm experiencing a coordinates issue. Click on the i button to enable the location info tool. Click on any point on the map (it might help if it is near the E/W meridian line). When the coords are shown, they are currently showing East instead of West for West cordinates.

Good spot. I've uploaded a new version 0.6.9.1 to correct this and a similar bug that affected coordinates within one degree of the equator.

For some reason I'm not seeing the GME console on the main map page currently. It is active, and it does work on the individual cache listings' map widgets, but it's not visible on the full browser map. Am I missing something somewhere? I am on 0.6.9

The most common reason for this is that you have got the map switched to using the Google Maps API rather than Leaflet Maps.

D'oh! Yeah, I completely forgot about that... I knew that :P Thanks for the reminder. Not sure why it switched to Google instead of Leaflet. Fixed, thx. :anicute:

I have tried to download this again and am only getting a page of printing, what am I doing wrong. I have downloaded it before with no problem !!

I've uploaded v0.5.1 of my Geocaching Map Enhancements script to Userscripts.org

The aim of this little script is to add a little enjoyment to your Geocaching website experience B)

• Adds lots of map types (Google, Bing, Ordnance Survey, Amapy, even street maps of London)
  • Adds a home button to get back to your own coordinates
  • Lets you refresh your browser session when all your finds stop showing up
  • Lets you see an old-fashioned list of caches around the area in the map
  • Adds a scale indicator that shows the width displayed on the map

The main advantage of this version over last week's is that it's now user-configurable (look for the cog icon). You can select which of the maps you want to show up in the pick-list, and change a few other settings. The script also integrates a lot better into the website's user interface.

This script should work with both Firefox and Chrome - probably Opera too although I've not tested it. There are installation instructions at the link above.

Any suggestions for more map types or other improvements welcome!

Edited by Hawardenleaders

I have tried to download this again and am only getting a page of printing, what am I doing wrong. I have downloaded it before with no problem !!

How to download and install GME depends on which web browser you are using. There are instructions at http://geo.inge.org.uk/gme.htm#install

It sounds like your browser doesn't understand userscripts. In Firefox or Chrome this could be because Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey is disabled or not installed. In Opera Classic, it would be because you're trying to view the script rather than save it (right click on the install link, and save it to your userscripts folder). If you were using Opera Classic and have upgraded to the latest Opera versions, you'll probably need to install Tampermonkey to get userscripts working again.

Ive updated the gme script to the latset 0.6.9.1, for some time now ive not been able to see the map enhancement overlays for SSSI, Nt Woodland trust etc, anyone any ideas

I've checked over all the map sources listed at http://geo.inge.org.uk/gme_maps.htm, and yes, all the environmental ones had broken. I've fixed the ones from the National Biodiversity Network (SSSIs, National Trust, RSPB, Nature Reserves). Unfortunately the Woodland Trust map is now incompatible with GME, and the Northern Ireland data doesn't seem to be working, so I've removed them from the list.

You can also get this type of information from DEFRA's MAGIC Map portal. There's a good explanation to it, with links, on the Groundspeak wiki. You can also use GME to load the MAGIC Map at the point you're interested in using the i map information tool. NB MAGIC has some information that goes across the whole UK, but mainly it's limited to England.

Is there a way to include any of the existing Groundspeak-default base maps as an option in your excellent add-on?

Specifically, I'd like to be able to have the Esri WorldStreetMap as an option -- this map has the best representation of the Ontario "county" borders. I don't see any JSON code for that one.

Thanks for your work!

Is there a way to include any of the existing Groundspeak-default base maps as an option in your excellent add-on?

Specifically, I'd like to be able to have the Esri WorldStreetMap as an option -- this map has the best representation of the Ontario "county" borders. I don't see any JSON code for that one.

Thanks for your work!

Try this JSON...

{"alt":"Esri WorldStreetMap",  "tileUrl":"http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer/tile/{z}/{y}/{x}", "attribution":"<a href='http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=3b93337983e9436f8db950e38a8629af'>ESRI World Street Map</a>"}

Thanks for your work!

Try this JSON...

{"alt":"Esri WorldStreetMap",  "tileUrl":"http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer/tile/{z}/{y}/{x}", "attribution":"<a href='http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=3b93337983e9436f8db950e38a8629af'>ESRI World Street Map</a>"}

Perfect -- thanks!

I have been using this on google chrome for a while not and love it but I now cant see any OS map, can anyone help me on how to get this back. I have the latest update. Thanks

I've upgraded to the latest versions of Chrome, Tampermonkey and GME, and it's still working for me... Have you accidentally turned off Tampermonkey, or disabled GME? If not, then I'd need to know more about the problem to figure out what's going wrong. Are there any errors messages in the Javascript console (Ctrl-Shift-J).

PS I've uploaded a minor bugfix update to the script this evening, although it shouldn't have any bearing on your problem.

Not sure if its an error when I do ctrl shift and J I get

Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), (min-resolution: 192dpi) dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo:1

Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), (min-resolution: 192dpi) dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo:387

Attr.specified is deprecated. Its value is always true.

Definitely not off or disabled

Not sure if its an error when I do ctrl shift and J I get

Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), (min-resolution: 192dpi) dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo:1

Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), (min-resolution: 192dpi) dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo:387

Attr.specified is deprecated. Its value is always true.

Definitely not off or disabled

I couldn't figure out what was going on, as those error messages are normal for the website, without any scripts installed. Then I started getting the same problem as you. No script, but no error messages either. Tampermonkey appeared to be running, but wasn't loading on Geocaching.com (No "Tampermonkey started" message in the console.

I'm still not sure what the problem actually was, but I fixed it on my machine by uninstalling Tampermonkey, installing the latest version (yesterday's!) from the Chrome store, then re-installing GME. Given that Tampermonkey seems to have had a few updates in the last week or so, I'm guessing it might be a Tampermonkey issue that was causing the problem...

Hmm - not sure if this is to do with changes GS has made to things, but GME doesn't seem to be working for me just now.

Some good news and bad news...

In general, GME should still be working. At least, GME v0.6.9.2 is working for me, tonight, in Firefox 29.0.1 and Chrome v34.0. However, there are a couple of problems rumbling around:

• Problem: Can't download GME. The Userscripts.org site that has hosted GME's installation for the last three years is looking progressively less reliable, and is unavailable as I type. Solution: I have posted GME to OpenUserJS, a new replacement site set up by some ex-userscripts.org users who wanted a higher-quality, open source alternative. You can download GME from https://openuserjs.o...ap_Enhancements
  • Problem: GME doesn't work in Chrome. Tampermonkey (which makes it easier to use GME with Chrome) has had some glitches in recent updates which stopped GME from working when you upgraded. Solution: Check you have the very latest version of Tampermonkey, then uninstall and re-install GME.
  • Problem: Lots of functions have stopped working. Yesterday's update to Geocaching.com included enabling secure (https) connections for every web page on the site. Because of this, GME functions which retrieve data from other websites won't work by default (Geograph & Panoramio Photos, spot heights, Geonames-enhanced search). They will not give any alert, but if you look in the browser console, you will see a security warning saying that mixed or insecure content has been blocked. This is because web browser's default security policy for https pages will default to blocking scripts from other websites, which includes the JSONP services GME uses to power those functions. Solution: In Chrome, a shield icon will appear in the address bar. In Firefox, a shield appears to the left of the address bar. If you click on it, it will tell you that the page has insecure content, and give you the option of loading it anyway. Doing this potentially makes your use of Geocaching.com less secure - but no less secure than before https was enabled. (Chrome details, Firefox details).

I will have a look for a workaround for the blocked content issue, but I'm not sure if it's going to be technically possible to fix, and I've not got much free time to work on this at the moment. That said, I'll try to update the documentation shortly. It's at http://geo.inge.org.uk/gme.htm

I have the same problem.

When I open the map it is suddenly a secure connection. This means that the Garmin communicator plugin is not working. When I click a cache on the map en ask to send it to my GPSmap 62S I got the message that the plugin is not unlocked.

How can I change it.

I have the same problem.

When I open the map it is suddenly a secure connection. This means that the Garmin communicator plugin is not working. When I click a cache on the map en ask to send it to my GPSmap 62S I got the message that the plugin is not unlocked.

How can I change it.

I don't use Garmin communicator, so I can't tell if it's the same issue, but there's a thread about it open in the Website Bug Reports forum.

Thanks for putting the script elsewhere online - much appreciated.

I can't seem to get it to play with Opera 12 at all - using the javascript folder approach that's really nice and easy :-(

I've updated the script, rebooted etc... It looks as if it's picking up GME when I first load the site - it's added to the menu bar under "Your Profile" as it should be. When I go to a set of cache listings it's still there. But when I go to a map view I don't get any element of GME - and when I go back to the website GME is not longer listed under Your Profile either.

All v strange and a little frustrating - something must have happened somewhere along the line with the new secure stuff to take out the Opera 12 possibility - this is both using OS X and Win 7 btw. I'll have a go with Chrome or Firefox later and see if I can get them to work.

I don't expect you to fix this btw! Just reporting so that you know what's occurring :-)

e2a: I'm trying to work out if there's a way I can allow the https/http thing to happen - can't find it yet but I'll dig and see...

Edited by Blue Square Thing

Found it:

Using User JavaScripts on secure pages

To protect your security, User JavaScript is disabled by default on pages accessed using the HTTPS: protocol.If you want to run User JavaScripts on these pages, you will need to enable the User Javascript on HTTPS setting in opera:config.

If you enable User JavaScript on secure pages, you will need to ensure that the scripts that are in your User JavaScripts folder are safe to use, especially if you use scripts written by other authors. If you enable this option, you will be prompted to allow User Javascript the first time you access a secure page in each browsing session.

From http://www.opera.com/docs/userjs/using/ which has a link to the config which allows you to do this. Works just fine now :-)

Sorry not a reply. This morning after inputting new co-ords the blue line appeared in the small map on the web page but when I clicked on View larger Map , the map appeared but not the blue line to the new co-ords,

I'm using Vista Home and Google Chrome (Version 34.0.1847.131 m) and Tampermonkey Is this a new glitch caused by those wonderful geocaching lackeys?

My GME seems to have lost it's configuration. Any chance that I can recover my JSON strings that I had hand-crafted to access additional maps?

| Edit:

GME *does* still show my additional maps on the "small" map within a listing, but it doesn't on the large map.

Edited by ErichSt

Two more problems with the same cause:

This morning after inputting new co-ords the blue line appeared in the small map on the web page but when I clicked on View larger Map , the map appeared but not the blue line to the new co-ords,

My GME seems to have lost it's configuration. Any chance that I can recover my JSON strings that I had hand-crafted to access additional maps?

| Edit:

GME *does* still show my additional maps on the "small" map within a listing, but it doesn't on the large map.

GME uses localStorage to store its settings, and also to pass information about corrected coordinates between pages. LocalStorage is not shared between websites for security reasons. Unfortunately, web browsers treat the http and https versions of a website as totally separate. As geocaching.com has started using https connections for the main maps but http for the individual cache pages, GME no longer sees the same settings on both pages. :(

I'll add this to the list of things to fix, but in the meantime there are a few more workarounds:

• To show corrected coordinates on the main map: open the page of the cache you want to view, and open the main map in a different tab. Drag and drop the cache icon from next to the title of the cache listing, onto the main map. Any waypoints or corrected coordinates should be shown (you can do this with more than one cache too).
  • To find your old custom map settings: open a cache page (or any other page on geocaching.com that has an http connection). From the Profile menu at the top of the screen, choose the "Geocaching Map Enhancements" option to open the GME configuration dialogue. From the "Manage Maps" tab, click "Export custom maps". Select all the JSON code that pops up, right-click on it, and copy it to the clipboard. Open the main map page, click on the gear icon to open the GME config dialogue again, and go to the Manage Maps tab. Past the JSON code into the "Mapsource" field and click "Add", then "Save". You should be able to add all the maps back in one go this way, but might need to go back to the Manage Maps tab to remove duplicates.

From the Profile menu at the top of the screen, choose the "Geocaching Map Enhancements" option to open the GME configuration dialogue

Thanks a lot, I was able to export my additional map JSON strings from an http page by appending "#GME_config" to the URL to access the GME configuration dialogue, and could then successfully import them back for use on https pages.

(I couldn't figure out, what's the "Profile menu at the top of the screen", though.)

(I couldn't figure out, what's the "Profile menu at the top of the screen", though.)

"Dein Profil", wenn Sie haben die Website-Sprache auf Deutsch eingestell!

It's one of the options that appears underneath the Geocaching logo, on most pages on Geocaching.com apart from the main maps page.

I've done the pressing of the shield thing in the address bar (im using Firefox by the way), and it resolves the issue. But if I close that tab down and then reopen the map again, I have to press it again. Is there a way to make it permanent, or will I need to keep doing this.

I've uploaded v0.7.0 of GME to OpenUserJs.org, which hopefully will fix some of the recent problems:

• I've put in a workaround for the security problems, so functions like showing spot heights or Panoramio photos should work without you having to tweak security settings for each browser session.
  • The documentation at http://geo.inge.org.uk/gme.htm now gives the new download location. I've also updated the instructions for installing in Opera Classic, to include making userscripts work with HTTPS.
  • Clicking through from a cache page to show its details on the main map should work again. The cache information is now encoded into the link to the map, rather than by browser localStorage.

The main outstanding issue is that GME's configuration is not shared between HTTP and HTTPS pages. This means that people who had custom maps loaded will initially only see them on cache pages, not the main map. As a workaround, the JSON configuration string can be exported from GME on the cache page to GME on the main map, as per my previous post.

The new script can be found at https://openuserjs.o...ap_Enhancements

Let me know if I've managed to introduce any new problems!

Two more problems with the same cause:

This morning after inputting new co-ords the blue line appeared in the small map on the web page but when I clicked on View larger Map , the map appeared but not the blue line to the new co-ords,

| Edit:

GME uses localStorage to store its settings, and also to pass information about corrected coordinates between pages. LocalStorage is not shared between websites for security reasons. Unfortunately, web browsers treat the http and https versions of a website as totally separate. As geocaching.com has started using https connections for the main maps but http for the individual cache pages, GME no longer sees the same settings on both pages. :(

I'll add this to the list of things to fix, but in the meantime there are a few more workarounds:

• To show corrected coordinates on the main map: open the page of the cache you want to view, and open the main map in a different tab. Drag and drop the cache icon from next to the title of the cache listing, onto the main map. Any waypoints or corrected coordinates should be shown (you can do this with more than one cache too).
  • To find your old custom map settings: open a cache page (or any other page on geocaching.com that has an http connection). From the Profile menu at the top of the screen, choose the "Geocaching Map Enhancements" option to open the GME configuration dialogue. From the "Manage Maps" tab, click "Export custom maps". Select all the JSON code that pops up, right-click on it, and copy it to the clipboard. Open the main map page, click on the gear icon to open the GME config dialogue again, and go to the Manage Maps tab. Past the JSON code into the "Mapsource" field and click "Add", then "Save". You should be able to add all the maps back in one go this way, but might need to go back to the Manage Maps tab to remove duplicates.

I downloaded the latest update from your link below. I'm running it on Firefox 20.0.1. I understand that the problem with the corrected coordinates isn't fixed by that update. But either I'm not understanding what I'm supposed to do in this workaround or I'm not applying it properly. For clarification's sake, can you tell me what the "main map" refers to? There are two maps on the cache page. Is one of them the map you are talking about, or do you mean we should open up a "search on map" page?

Also, we used to have the option to label the caches on the map with their GC number or their name. When I click on the option to label caches, they're labeled with the GC number, and I see no option to switch to the cache name. Is this by design, or is it something else that broke with the latest geocaching.com update?

I might as well take this opportunity to say that I love this greasemonkey script. It has made so many things so much easier for me! Thank you.

I downloaded the latest update from your link below. I'm running it on Firefox 20.0.1. I understand that the problem with the corrected coordinates isn't fixed by that update. But either I'm not understanding what I'm supposed to do in this workaround or I'm not applying it properly. For clarification's sake, can you tell me what the "main map" refers to? There are two maps on the cache page. Is one of them the map you are talking about, or do you mean we should open up a "search on map" page?

Also, we used to have the option to label the caches on the map with their GC number or their name. When I click on the option to label caches, they're labeled with the GC number, and I see no option to switch to the cache name. Is this by design, or is it something else that broke with the latest geocaching.com update?

I might as well take this opportunity to say that I love this greasemonkey script. It has made so many things so much easier for me! Thank you.

As of v0.7.0, display of corrected coordinates in GME should be working without the need for a workaround. If you visit the listing page for a cache that you have correctted the coordinates for, or that has additional waypoints, these should be displayed on the second map on the cache page, just above the logs. You should be able to click either the "View Larger Map" link above that map, or the "Geocaching.com Map" link at the top of the list of online maps, to see those waypoints on the main map. By this, I mean the full-screen map at http://www.geocaching.com/map

You should also still be able to label caches with their names. On the main map page, click the gear icon to bring up GME's configuration screen. On the "Other" tab, select "Names" rather than "Codes" for the Labels option, then click Save. The only thing broken here by the update is that you are supposed to see the same GME configuration across the whole site (you can also get to the Configuration screen from the Profile menu in the website's main navigation bar at the top of each page). Since the update, the configuration for the main maps has been independent from that on the rest of the site, and would have reset to default settings, which is why the labelling feature switched off for you.

I'll also explain the drag'n'drop function that worked around showing corrected coordinates. It isn't necessary as a workaround any more, but it's still very useful. At the top of each cache listing, there is an icon showing the cache type, just to the left of the title. When GME is running, this should appear with a box around it, and when you move the mouse over it, the cursor should change to show that you can drag it. This icon can be dragged onto any of the maps that have been enhanced by GME, to display all the waypoints for that cache (including corrected ones). If you have the main map page open in another tab, you can drag the icon there. If you have another cache listing page open, you can drag the icon onto the larger of the two maps on the listing page, so you can see two nearby caches together on one listing page. This should also work on the TB tracking maps, and the planning map that shows free spaces for hiding caches. You should even be able to drag the icon into other programs, e.g. a text editor, to see the waypoint information in .LOC format.

Hope that helps!

As of v0.7.0, display of corrected coordinates in GME should be working without the need for a workaround. If you visit the listing page for a cache that you have correctted the coordinates for, or that has additional waypoints, these should be displayed on the second map on the cache page, just above the logs. You should be able to click either the "View Larger Map" link above that map, or the "Geocaching.com Map" link at the top of the list of online maps, to see those waypoints on the main map. By this, I mean the full-screen map at http://www.geocaching.com/map

You should also still be able to label caches with their names. On the main map page, click the gear icon to bring up GME's configuration screen. On the "Other" tab, select "Names" rather than "Codes" for the Labels option, then click Save. The only thing broken here by the update is that you are supposed to see the same GME configuration across the whole site (you can also get to the Configuration screen from the Profile menu in the website's main navigation bar at the top of each page). Since the update, the configuration for the main maps has been independent from that on the rest of the site, and would have reset to default settings, which is why the labelling feature switched off for you.

I'll also explain the drag'n'drop function that worked around showing corrected coordinates. It isn't necessary as a workaround any more, but it's still very useful. At the top of each cache listing, there is an icon showing the cache type, just to the left of the title. When GME is running, this should appear with a box around it, and when you move the mouse over it, the cursor should change to show that you can drag it. This icon can be dragged onto any of the maps that have been enhanced by GME, to display all the waypoints for that cache (including corrected ones). If you have the main map page open in another tab, you can drag the icon there. If you have another cache listing page open, you can drag the icon onto the larger of the two maps on the listing page, so you can see two nearby caches together on one listing page. This should also work on the TB tracking maps, and the planning map that shows free spaces for hiding caches. You should even be able to drag the icon into other programs, e.g. a text editor, to see the waypoint information in .LOC format.

Hope that helps!

Thank you! That's all much clearer! Unfortunately, I installed the latest version and the script isn't functioning at all. I don't get the map options panel that used to slide out from the left. I just uninstalled and reinstalled, and it's still not appearing. The script is enabled. :(