Geocaching Map Enhancements

jri

5 hours ago, 2Abendsegler said:
9 hours ago, mellers said:

I still don't get the blue line and tick (nor any waypoints) on the larger map.

I think you have used the wrong link.

Oh now that's news to me too. Nice touch having the ability to include the current cache's waypoints on the browse map. Didn't know the pop= parameter could do that. 

"pop" is not a regular parameter and it is not a regular feature of the Browse Map. @jri had done magic here. If you observe it closely, the first display of the Browse Map will be cancelled and a new display will start immediately. This is required for GME to display the waypoints.
This feature stopped working around 2019 when the map links from listing were changed to the Search Map.

If the script GClh is in use and the "View Larger Map" link has been switched to the Browse Map, then the waypoints are also integrated by GME for this link.
So both scripts complement each other. That's called international script collaboration. 🤭

• Upvote 1

The new version v0.8.2.2As.6 for the script Geocaching Map Enhancements is available here. It also comes with an automatic update.

Fix further issues with the asynchronous or delayed loading of the minimap.
Fix missing login check.

If individual GME features do not work or do not always work as expected, help is probably available here.

Special thanks to @Sechsfüssler for the excellent support in testing and finding a solution.

Greetings from Germany
Frank

[Edit: Named version corrected]

Edited by 2Abendsegler

Just wanted to say a big thank you to @2Abendsegler for picking up maintenance on this script.
It's been my goto option for mapping for many years, and not just for geocaching.
While I've never had any major problems with it I always dreaded the day when it might stop working as JRI  had backed off from maintaining it, but it's really good to see someone's keeping it alive.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MartyBartfast said:

Just wanted to say a big thank you to @2Abendsegler for picking up maintenance on this script.
It's been my goto option for mapping for many years, and not just for geocaching.
While I've never had any major problems with it I always dreaded the day when it might stop working as JRI  had backed off from maintaining it, but it's really good to see someone's keeping it alive.

I'll second that. It's great to have it working properly again as it's so useful. Thank you  2Abendsegler

• Love 1

Very strange. The new version GME worked fine untill it didn't. As well as not showing any GME features, if the script is enabled the "Add to List" button doesn't work. All the other buttons do, just not that one. If I disable the script in Tampermonkey, the "Add to List" button works fine again. I'm using chrome and GME version 0.8.2.2As.6.

Let me know if I can provide any extra info.

Recently - or at least I think so, I don't recall it happening before - when I click on a disabled cache on the Browse geocaches map, no details are shown. This is using both Edge and Firefox, and GME version 0.8.2.2.As.6. Is this an issue with just me, or others?

image.png.d8035c26f6bbc100528257f22dbcf661.png

Nigel

The new version 0.8.2.2As.7 for the script Geocaching Map Enhancements is available here. It also comes with an automatic update.

New: [Browse Map] Copy coordinates from the Route Tool popup via mouse click to the clipboard.

In order to copy the coordinates on the Route Tool popup into the clipboard, you previously had to mark the coordinates with the mouse and, for example, copy them into the clipboard using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+c. Now you can simply copy the coordinates into the clipboard by clicking on the new icon.

Screen01.jpg.a4aec1136f18448b5c79ff7e2668be19.jpg

New: [Browse Map] Specify number of decimals for the measured distance of the route.

With this feature you can set the number of decimals that are displayed for the measured distance of the Route Tool route.
By default, for distances of one kilometer or more, one decimal is displayed and for distances of ten kilometers or more, no decimals are displayed, as was the case before these adjustments.
What's new is the ability to always display a certain number of decimals from one kilometer onwards, regardless of the distance. This means that even over long distances, smaller changes to the route become visible.

For example, three decimal places can always be displayed:
Screen02.jpg.1842b8de6ecc31daa17d27c30ec7af11.jpg

There is a new parameter:
Screen03.jpg.f133af5b461d9842a38532272daa8066.jpg

Fix: [Browse Map] Right mouse on cache detail popup set route tool marker.

Change: [Cache Listing] Feature "Check distance from here" disabled due to bug.

If individual GME features do not work or do not always work as expected, help is probably available here.

Greetings from Germany
Frank

Edited by 2Abendsegler
  • Helpful 1