Not all caches in gpx download

Davon2

Hi

Can anyone help please

I am doing my first pocket qeuries , and results are missing certain caches that are in the area and covered by my requests I put a distance of 50 mile and these caches are about 5 miles away . it seems to have recognised ones around them but is not logging alot of them . Been in a country park today and there was 6 caches supposed to be there according to my gps . When i cam home to log them and look at map on this site there was 10 caches available !!! :mad:

Thanks

Dave

You are going to have to provide more information for anyone to be able to help. Did the caches that weren't included in the file have anything in common? Did the original PQ return the maximum number of caches? Do you have any caches on your ignore list? If you preview the pq, do the caches show up? If you post the coordinates of the park and a link to your pq we can see the parameters I believe.

If you go to this page http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx and click on "Pocket Queries" at the top, then scroll to your query and click on it, the map will show all the caches in that query. Is the park near the edge of the circle of caches? The PQ defaults to showing only 500 caches. If you have that many within 5 miles of your home, then that will be all that are shown, even when you set miles to 50. at the edge of that distance, some caches will show up, and some will be dropped depending on what shows up first in the database.

You can set the maximum number of caches as high as 1000. If you need more than that, you can divide the PQ into parts so that each returns less or equal to 1000. Check out Markwell's tutorial here: http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

Been in a country park today and there was 6 caches supposed to be there according to my gps . When i cam home to log them and look at map on this site there was 10 caches available !!! :mad:

If you're referring to the area where you found "The Smell of Pine" and "A Romp in the Rising Sun", then 3 of those caches are disabled, and one is an Earthcache. You'll have to give us more information on what criteria you're using in your PQ, but I suspect you've excluded disabled caches (ticked "Is Enabled") and Earthcaches (unticked under "Selected Types:"). If this is the case, then the PQ correctly excluded those caches from the result.