Seeking Awesome Cachers To Take Part In Awesome Series of Hides

Czarniecki314

That makes sense because "The Lost District" is in Rhode Island.

There's nukes in Rhode Island? :blink:

I've only seen the movie, but there is a copy of the book in the house, that maybe I'll get to during what is an upcoming long weekend for me. I can see NYC being the in the lost district, and Rhode Island only being a stones throw away. This is supposed to be North America? I don't see where Canada is represented anywhere though. That's like Most of North America, you know. Man, why didn't I think of this idea? I'll combine 1984, The Running Man, and Survivor, and be a multi-millionaire. :laughing:

I've only seen the movie, but there is a copy of the book in the house, that maybe I'll get to during what is an upcoming long weekend for me. I can see NYC being the in the lost district, and Rhode Island only being a stones throw away. This is supposed to be North America? I don't see where Canada is represented anywhere though. That's like Most of North America, you know. Man, why didn't I think of this idea? I'll combine 1984, The Running Man, and Survivor, and be a multi-millionaire. :laughing:

If I'm not mistaken, I think the book mentions the fact that the West and East coasts as we know them are gone, so there probably is no longer a Rhode Island (or many other states, in fact). Though the OP probably realized that if she stuck to that, it would significantly cut down on the pool of cachers who could help with the series.

Has anyone heard from her yet? I say we band together and get the rest of them published, perhaps start a new thread in a call for more people to hide caches in the missing districts. She had a great idea but it sounds like life got in the way of the implementation.

-Cindy of Team LegoMINI

I find myself in the unusual position of liason. Per an extended Twitter Direct Message conversation, here is your long awaited update, and I paraphrase: Nancy is on a long-planned cross-country train trip extended vacation. This train probably isn't as fast as the one Katniss, her boyfriend, a drunken Woody Harleson, and the lady with the freaky make-up were on, but I digress. She apologizes profusely for the delay, and mentioned something about sending out the packets. She has only her smartphone and an IPad on her person, and the Groundspeak forums are difficult. She will return home May 2nd, and will Git 'er done. Again, I paraphrase, she most definitely did not speak in terms of Larry The Cable Guy. :blink:

I find myself in the unusual position of liason. Per an extended Twitter Direct Message conversation, here is your long awaited update, and I paraphrase: Nancy is on a long-planned cross-country train trip extended vacation. This train probably isn't as fast as the one Katniss, her boyfriend, a drunken Woody Harleson, and the lady with the freaky make-up were on, but I digress. She apologizes profusely for the delay, and mentioned something about sending out the packets. She has only her smartphone and an IPad on her person, and the Groundspeak forums are difficult. She will return home May 2nd, and will Git 'er done. Again, I paraphrase, she most definitely did not speak in terms of Larry The Cable Guy. :blink:

Good to hear she's alright at least. Larry the cacher chick maybe?

Thanks for the update Yuckster B)

what a fun series of caches. too bad the lost district wasnt Hawaii!! lol and i think on each district, they should tie them all together with a link to the other caches, so people know there are 13 (?) in all.

I am planning on putting links to the other district caches on District 4's page,, when they all get published. Still think this would be a good series to make a challenge cache from as well. Hopefully we'll see something like that transpire in the near future.

what a fun series of caches. too bad the lost district wasnt Hawaii!! lol and i think on each district, they should tie them all together with a link to the other caches, so people know there are 13 (?) in all.

I am planning on putting links to the other district caches on District 4's page,, when they all get published. Still think this would be a good series to make a challenge cache from as well. Hopefully we'll see something like that transpire in the near future.

Absolutely. A challenge cache where you have to find a certain amount of them (or all of them, of course). That would be pretty cool.

Absolutely. A challenge cache where you have to find a certain amount of them (or all of them, of course). That would be pretty cool.

I think that may have been the plan.

Actually, there is a geocache at an abandoned site, think it was for nukes, will have to look it up

OK, perusing noticed that lotta folks seem to dis-agree with the "lost district",

I have not read the novel, nor viewed said movie. I was just emailed with specifics, and the title was "The lost district".

So the cache here in RI, is not near a nuke bunker, nor even any number of military bunkers we have here in RI, as saturation would pose an issue, so I went all nature in the BRMA.

Still, awaiting word from the OP, appreciate the liason (Mr.Yuck), would be great to know what is going on.

K TY

Hey, I'm just the liason. I never said I read the thread. :blink:

Hey, I'm just the liason. I never said I read the thread. :blink:

:laughing:

Anybody know if the rest of these caches will be put out?

At this point, unfortunately, it looks like probably not. Mine's still up and running, with only 1 find to date. It'll be a few more months until somebody else wanders out that direction though, and I plan on keeping it out there for a while. Too bad it didn't pan out the right way, but these things happen.

I emailed the Czarniecki314 earlier this afternoon and hope to hear from her soon on whether she wants to continue with the project. Maybe we'll find something out soon but if not, it might be possible for someone else to oversee this. Volunteers to hide the remaining Districts, and possibly a bonus cache, would be easy to come by i would think. I know that life can sometimes get in the way and that she may have other more pressing concerns to deal with. On the otherhand, i would hate to see her idea not materialize...