Seeking Awesome Cachers To Take Part In Awesome Series of Hides

Czarniecki314

GOt my info and have already found the area it will be in. Now I have to get the swag ready and lock in the site. Getting cache location ideas from our local Park Ranger (geocacher). My daughter can't wait to put the cache out.

Thanks for the opportunity!

We have a couple of real good spots picked for ours. We'll get everthing ready this weekend and be ready the release date.

Thanks for letting us help.

Definitely a nice coincidence that our cache pertains to something we're really into. Getting the container ready and have already picked up some swag. Have a place in mind for the cache and will have it ready for release at the proper time. This is going to be a cool project!

If the rain will hold off we'll be scouting our location this weekend. We have the perfect area in mind. We just to find the best hide site we can in that area.

We will also get the container ready this weekend. We're going to make a specail shopping trip just to pick out the starting swag.

Thanks for organizing this.

We have the location, cache, and swag ready to go. Having a little problem with the way the listing is to set up but wewill work it out. The kids and I can't wait to get our first cache listed. I will be part of a bike path mini power trail so I guess this is good practise. Thanks for letting us in on this adventure.

District 12 was published a day early. It was mostly my fault. My reviewer agreed to publish it today but I needed to revise the coordinates after it was reviewed. After getting the page unlocked, fixing it, resubmitting it, etc... I think the reviewer missed my request to publish it on 3/23 in my second note on my revised submission.

So, long story short, make sure to get everything on your cache page right the first time. ;)

Edited by Trinity's Crew

So let me bet the first to say it: y'all are awesome. After throwing this out there I was blow away by not only the interest but the lengths people went through to be creative and the huge number of pictures, etc I was sent. I, of course, got incredibly sick and then started pulling seventy hour work weeks but you all kept it going and it's awesome.

If everyone could post a link to any of the caches they hid I'll create the challenge. Will be putting the thank you gifts in the mail on Monday in the morning.

Yay!

So..... did the movie live up to everyone's expectations? I can say that all members of Team LegoMINI were blown away. The casting was incredible, especially Katniss, and the costumes didn't disappoint. Storyline followed the book better than expected. Looking forward to Catching Fire and Mockingjay when they come out.

So..... did the movie live up to everyone's expectations? I can say that all members of Team LegoMINI were blown away. The casting was incredible, especially Katniss, and the costumes didn't disappoint. Storyline followed the book better than expected. Looking forward to Catching Fire and Mockingjay when they come out.

I haven't seen the movie, nor read the books. The first time I had heard of The Hunger Games was seeing a trailer about the movie on TV.

I've looked at a few of the cache listings for the "District" caches and although they look like interesting spots I don't know if there is one anywhere close to where I live. That got me wondering if anyone is working on a series of caches based on the book, but are all located within a much smaller geographic area. Other than "Nuclear Weapons" I don't think it would be difficult to come up with locations for each of the Districts without leaving my county.

I haven't seen the movie, nor read the books. The first time I had heard of The Hunger Games was seeing a trailer about the movie on TV.

I've looked at a few of the cache listings for the "District" caches and although they look like interesting spots I don't know if there is one anywhere close to where I live. That got me wondering if anyone is working on a series of caches based on the book, but are all located within a much smaller geographic area. Other than "Nuclear Weapons" I don't think it would be difficult to come up with locations for each of the Districts without leaving my county.

Hi,

Just a simple suggestion: It would be nice to have all the district caches in the series linked to each other via html in the listings. Nice series btw!

Hi,

Just a simple suggestion: It would be nice to have all the district caches in the series linked to each other via html in the listings. Nice series btw!

I was waiting for all of them to go active and then was going to link a bookmark to District 11.

I've already started a public bookmark and am adding caches as they become active.

Thanks for that. I wondered if you could add something which maps the list of locations the OP originally posted with District numbers. Here's that original list:

A. Northeast Colorado

B. Northeast Colorado/extremely close to Nebraska-Kansas-Colorado borders

C. Nebraska-Kansas-Colorado border area

D. Wyoming-Nebraska-Colorado border area

E. Eastern Utah-Colorado-New Mexico-Texas

F. Utah-Wyoming-Arizona

G. California-Nevada-Utah-Idaho-Wyoming

H. Washington-Oregon-Idaho-Montana

I. Montana-North Dakota-South Dakota-Kansas

J. Montana-North Dakota-Minnesota-Nebraska-Kansas-Oklahoma-Texas-New Mexico

K. Kansas-Oklahoma-Texas-New Mexico-Louisianna-Arkansas-Missouri-Mississippi-Alabama-Georgia-South Carolina-Tennessee-Kentucky-Indiana-Virginia

L. Kentucky-West Virginia-Virginia-Ohio-Pennsylvania-Delaware-Maryland-D.C.

M. Jersey-Southern NY-Connecticut-Rhode Island-Massachusetts-Pennsylvania

As far as I can tell, "M." corresponds to District 12 (Mining) since it is in Pennsylvania.

I've already started a public bookmark and am adding caches as they become active.

Thanks for that. I wondered if you could add something which maps the list of locations the OP originally posted with District numbers. Here's that original list:

A. Northeast Colorado

F. Utah-Wyoming-Arizona

K. Kansas-Oklahoma-Texas-New Mexico-Louisianna-Arkansas-Missouri-Mississippi-Alabama-Georgia-South Carolina-Tennessee-Kentucky-Indiana-Virginia

As far as I can tell, "M." corresponds to District 12 (Mining) since it is in Pennsylvania.

G is district 6, placed in Calfornia. Transportation based themed.

Edited by J the Goat

A. Northeast Colorado

F. Utah-Wyoming-Arizona

L is District 12.

I haven't read the books but it makes sense that mining would encompass States along the Appalachians.

Oh, and the actual reason I know L is District 12 is that I live in Maryland and the OP told me to make my cache District 12. :P

It was my mistake. After looking over the list again it should have been fairly obvious that the Mining district would be L and not M.

Well, not sure where this all leads , but "The Lost District", has been listed, noticing it is truly is lost, as I have yet to see it on any bookmark list, further more, have not received any link to add to the listing as I was told when adding the template to the listing.

I have emailed the nancy@gmail, she responded quite quickly prior to the launch date, but afterwards, no response...kinda wierd, well I will get busy getting a bookmark list up, see where this series goes, feels like the A.P.E series before my geocaching days, but a lot different at the same time.

K

Cache on

@Teamlego TY, I generated a BL too, still not sure why the link was never sent, nor what happened to OP, feels like.. Well I thought there would be more than 7, and why no response afterwards.. Just not sure where this is going, but a cache is a cache, would love for this to rock!

Why doesn't the bookmark have all districts?

Team Pixos - I don't have a list of all the caches that the OP gave out, so I've only been able to add the ones who have posted links in this thread or found through a search.

@Teamlego TY, I generated a BL too, still not sure why the link was never sent, nor what happened to OP, feels like.. Well I thought there would be more than 7, and why no response afterwards.. Just not sure where this is going, but a cache is a cache, would love for this to rock!

yawpy - it was my understanding that the OP was going to create a challenge with all the caches listed, but I know she had some personal illness issues at one point and may just have become overwhelmed when this all came together. I'd love to see the rest of them finished, but even if they aren't it was fun while it lasted....

Edited by Team LegoMINI

Ok, there are many holes in the "Hunger Games" cache series. I've already removed "This is one of a series of caches hidden in celebration of the release of The Hunger Games on 3/23." It seemed too much like a commercial endorsement.

I'm debating removing "who will find them all?". At his point no one will find them all since nearly half weren't published, including the OP's (Nancy's)"District 10" cache.

I know this was a big undertaking. Nancy had to rely on over a dozen people she never met to get all of their caches published in a narrow window of opportunity. It's obvious that this didn't happen. I'm not sure it ever will.

At this point I'd appreciate an update from the OP on the status of the missing caches.

Ok, there are many holes in the "Hunger Games" cache series. I've already removed "This is one of a series of caches hidden in celebration of the release of The Hunger Games on 3/23." It seemed too much like a commercial endorsement.

I'm debating removing "who will find them all?". At his point no one will find them all since nearly half weren't published, including the OP's (Nancy's)"District 10" cache.

I know this was a big undertaking. Nancy had to rely on over a dozen people she never met to get all of their caches published in a narrow window of opportunity. It's obvious that this didn't happen. I'm not sure it ever will.

At this point I'd appreciate an update from the OP on the status of the missing caches.

There are other cachers that have offered to hide caches, so I'm guessing it's still possible to finish.

What districs/caches are missing?

I have to admit that i was bummed when 3/23 came and i only saw the 5 or 6 caches published. I figured there might be one or two that might not be ready for publishment,, but over half?

Speculating here on what is going on. I was at first thinking that they may have had problems getting it passed the review process but then i realized that i have a reviewer that is pretty consistant and watches things closely. The review process went very smoothly here. May be wrong but my gut feeling is that there were cachers who volunteered, then decided it was too much work or something, then failed to deliver. Could be something else (health problem for instance) of course, but i doubt that this was the case for most.

Anyway, i do hope to eventually see all the districts listed with some ancillary caches as well. Really want to see them linked together as a series, and then possibly as a challenge. Hopefully we will hear from Nancy soon with some news about where we are...

District 4

There are other cachers that have offered to hide caches, so I'm guessing it's still possible to finish.

Yes, Nancy came up with this idea and i hope she can continue with it but if not, i would think it would be fairly easy to get volunteers to hide the remaining Districts.

The published Districts i was able to come up with:

Distcict 4

District 6

District 7

District 9

District 11

District 12

The Lost District

Yes, Nancy came up with this idea and i hope she can continue with it but if not, i would think it would be fairly easy to get volunteers to hide the remaining Districts.

Distcict 4

District 6

District 7

District 9

District 11

District 12

The Lost District

Let's see what's left then....

A. Northeast Colorado

F. Utah-Wyoming-Arizona

Does that look right? I'm not sure what districs the rest should be. Can anyone help here?

Distcict 4

District 6

District 7

District 9

District 11

District 12

The Lost District

A. Northeast Colorado

F. Utah-Wyoming-Arizona

Does that look right? I'm not sure what districs the rest should be. Can anyone help here?

Thats kinda weird, having the list cut right in half smack dab in the middle...

Distcict 4

District 6

District 7

District 9

District 11

District 12

The Lost District

A. Northeast Colorado

F. Utah-Wyoming-Arizona

Thats kinda weird, having the list cut right in half smack dab in the middle...

I just started reading the book but I would have thought that "M" would correspond with District 13 as District 12 was described being in Appalachia and the eastern most *current* District.