Can someone help with a PQ?

MrOneEyedBoh

Im trying to make a PQ for my magellan Explorist GC and when I select my options I keep getting your cache returned 0 results, or something close. Can someone do a 1000 results cache for 21061 in Maryland? 100 Mi radius and any size, any terrain, any cache ( Id like to do just regular caches, no challenges etc ). Id appreciate it. Then possibly email it to me? None the less any and all help on this would be appreciated.

Sharing PQ results is against the waypoint license agreement. Either your getting 0 results or your getting some results, which is it? If it is zero results then that means you have conflicting options selected. If your getting some results then that means that there are not the numbers you thought or the options you have chosen returns less than you thought you would get. For a good run down on setting up PQ's, see Markwells PQ information.

just remember that database queries and the way we "speak" about searches is opposite. When we SAY "AND" in conversation we usually MEAN "OR" in database talk, and vice-versa.

You might say "I want a list that includes all the micros, AND all the smalls". In the database world this is always done by saying "Show me a list of caches that are micro OR small"...

The most common mistake is "I want to return both caches that I have found, AND caches I have not found yet" so you check "found" and "not found". But what that means you are asking the data base is "return me a list made up of any caches that I have both found, and not found", and of course, the answer to that question will be zero. The database engine looks at each cache one at a time, and says "is this cache both found and unfound, if so, inlcude it in the list, if not, pass it by." Leaving both of those boxes unchecked is actually what you want in that case.

Edited by Sky King 36