Transfer a pocket query to my GPS?

Cropduster0000

1. Plug your GPS into the USB on your computer.

2. On the pocket queries page, click on "Pocket Queries ready for download".

3. Choose the PQ you want to run and save it somewhere.

4. It should say "Magellan Explorist GC" somewhere. Open the saved PQ, then drag and drop its contents into this location.

1. Plug your GPS into the USB on your computer.

2. On the pocket queries page, click on "Pocket Queries ready for download".

3. Choose the PQ you want to run and save it somewhere.

4. It should say "Magellan Explorist GC" somewhere. Open the saved PQ, then drag and drop its contents into this location.

that really helped ( not sarcastic ) :smile:

I have a Garmin GPSmaps 62st I got today. I can't for the life of me transfer a pocket cache to the GPS. Battled with not seeing the dam port today. Finally got a few SINGLE caches downloaded and now I can't delete them. I'll give this "not user friendly" device a few days and then I will decide if I keep it or not. I do not like what I see so far. Heck, my cell phone is easier to use...but I'm sure not as accurate.

Anyway any hints would be appreciated.

Bob

I have a Garmin GPSmaps 62st I got today. I can't for the life of me transfer a pocket cache to the GPS. Battled with not seeing the dam port today. Finally got a few SINGLE caches downloaded and now I can't delete them. I'll give this "not user friendly" device a few days and then I will decide if I keep it or not. I do not like what I see so far. Heck, my cell phone is easier to use...but I'm sure not as accurate.

Bob

I finally answered my own questions. Not sure if this is the quickest way but it works.

When you get the PC (pocket query) back, open up the .zip file and save the gpx files. Now connect your computer to your Garmin. Click on the windows icon on the bottom left hand corner, select computer, then your Garmin device. Click on the Garmin folder then the GPX folder. Drop the PC in there. BAM!!! Disconnect your Garmin, turn it on and go to Geocaches and admire what you just did.

Now, to get rid of geocaches, go to the same place and delete the appropriate .gpx file(s).

Be aware if you are just downloading a few geocaches it's easier to click on the cache in Geocaching.com. I had a problem with that till I went to the NEXT place where you can download the cache to the GPS. On the small opening page for the cache, I had no luck downloading the cache.

Bob

I finally answered my own questions. Not sure if this is the quickest way but it works.

When you get the PC (pocket query) back, open up the .zip file and save the gpx files. Now connect your computer to your Garmin. Click on the windows icon on the bottom left hand corner, select computer, then your Garmin device. Click on the Garmin folder then the GPX folder. Drop the PC in there. BAM!!! Disconnect your Garmin, turn it on and go to Geocaches and admire what you just did.

Now, to get rid of geocaches, go to the same place and delete the appropriate .gpx file(s).

Be aware if you are just downloading a few geocaches it's easier to click on the cache in Geocaching.com. I had a problem with that till I went to the NEXT place where you can download the cache to the GPS. On the small opening page for the cache, I had no luck downloading the cache.

Thanks Bob - it answered the question I had as well!

Edited by Wandering Islanders

Bob

I am a newbie w a new GPS device too. This was awesomely helpful. Thanks!