Geocaching.com shortcut won't launch program

RUSCAL

The shortcut icon for Geocaching.com works for a few times, but after being on and off the site after a while the icon will no longer launch the program. Any idea why?

Ruscal

[This message was edited by RUSCAL on July 16, 2003 at 09:21 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by RUSCAL:

You're confused?

I'm confused too. What program are you talking about? GC.com is not a program.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

I assume you mean a shortcut that you've placed on your desktop doesn't open gc.com in internat explorer, anymore. Its possible that either you've accidently changed the shortcut, or with the changes to the site the page you are attempting to open has a different name.

Have you tried to simply delete the old shortcut and create a new one?

Thanks for the reply sbell,

The icon will open the gc.com page several times, then stops working after a while. If I reboot it will start working again for a while. I did delete the icon and recreate it, but same result.

Ruscal

quote:
Originally posted by RUSCAL:

The icon will open the gc.com page several times, then stops working after a while. If I reboot it will start working again for a while. I did delete the icon and recreate it, but same result.

*cough*windowssucks*cough*

er.. um.. visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and make sure everything's up to date. It sounds like something in your system's being corrupted after running for a while. It could be a problem with the operating system or an application you're using could be breaking things. Also, make sure that whatever antivirus software you're using has the latest updates and run a virus scan (you ARE using antivirus software, aren't you?!)

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

sigimage.php