A park list

dphelps1

If I am going to a park and just want a list of all the caches in that park, how would I do that. I've checked out pocket queries but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Using the mileage radius takes you out to far. The only thing I could figure out is to view all caches on the map then bookmark the ones in the park, and then run a pocket query from that. Does that sound right? Is it the easiest way to do it, because that's not very easy.

Thank you for your help

My approach is similar to Touchstones. I look at the map, pick a cache near the center of the area (park) I'm interested in, and run a pocket query centered on that.

You can limit the total number of caches returned to something just over the number in the park. and remember that you can use kilometers instead of miles.

A 1km query is pretty small. Of course, parks are never perfect circles, so a query a bit larger then the number of caches in the park will get them all, plus some around the edges.

This is where GSAK is great. I just learned last weekend at a GSAK event how to create polygons. With that you can outline the borders of the park or area you want to go and then it will give you all the caches in that area. You run that out of the general PQ for the area you created. Then you can load that into your GPSr from GSAK.

Edited by Team Mars

This is where GSAK is great. I just learned last weekend at a GSAK event how to create polygons. With that you can outline the borders of the park or area you want to go and then it will give you all the caches in that area. You run that out of the general PQ for the area you created. Then you can load that into your GPSr from GSAK.

But wait there's more!!!!

If you have GSAK ver 8 you can back-load your selection up to a Bookmark list one on GC.com (you'll have to create am empty one first).

If you're feeling public spirit minded you can then make the Bookmark public.

Edited by Huntleigh