Identifying caches on a map

fitzsimons

On the "old" maps I could tick a box to put a number next to each cache and cross-reference them to a list of caches displayed on the same webpage. Neither of these features appears to be available any more. This was very useful when printing out a map and a list to take out caching. Can this facility be reinstated?

On the "old" maps I could tick a box to put a number next to each cache and cross-reference them to a list of caches displayed on the same webpage. Neither of these features appears to be available any more. This was very useful when printing out a map and a list to take out caching. Can this facility be reinstated?

Yes, this is the feature that I'm missing, too. I would really much like to get it on the new maps as well.

Edited by friduliina

I know there is a thread about the satellite images not working, I have a different problem with the OSM maps. With Google Maps we could number the geocaches on the map and print out a table of the geocache names associated with the number. Is that ability available with the new maps?? For a while there was a pull out on the right side with the title Geocache List that was empty but I don't see it now. We have used this feature extensively in the past and really miss it on the new maps.

We have had the same thoughts and regrets about the new map.

The new version of geocaching maps is in many ways very nice, but we really would like to get the old feature back showing the names etc. of the geocaches in a panel next to the map. The names of the geocaches often gives us a good idea of how interesting they may be, and while travelling we will often not be able to search for more than just a few, and they should be as good as possible. At other times an interesting name of a geocache tells us where to go at all, when we have some spare time for a little detour. For theese purposes the name list was great.

Hoping this change suggestion to the old way will be considered, we still say thanks for a great game.

Michael and Karin.

I agree with the other posters. There was a great useability loss when the ability to cross-reference cache names with the map was lost. I now capture the screen to a jpeg, and enter the GC identifiers with an image editor. What a pain. Great loss of functionality here.