GPS Watch

My daughter is interested in a GPS watch for her birthday from us. She is a runner and wants to know distances etc.

We are keen geocachers and I have a Magellan Explorist GC handheld and am very happy with it. Our grandchildren love geocaching with us and have Geomates.

Our daughter takes them geocaching (we live a distance away) using her smartphone.

Is there such a thing as a GPS wrist watch which would be supplemental to her smartphone? Any recommendations for birthday purchase which needs to be made soon?

I Googled GPS watches and was faced with a screen with 276 in front of me. If anyone can help I would be so happy!!!

Garmin has the Foretrex GPS wrist watch. I have used one quite a few years back and bought one for each of my grandkids. They have one for about $130 at Amazon. Mine was a very basic unit that worked as well as any basic unit for geocaching. I can't speak for the one they have now. My granddaughter used hers in river rafting in Alaska and my grandson used his cross country skiing and mountain biking.