Farm Art

the purpose behind this category is to promote the efforts of private individuals who provide a display at there expense for no other purpose than to provide a display to the public.

These displays should be perminnate in nature and viewable from public accessible land.

They could be a sculpture or a diorama set-up to depict a typical event. eg fishing by the dam, out camping by the billabong.

I guess these are covered by existing categories. A sculpture is a sculpture no matter who owns it, others could maybe go into the roadside attractions category and so on.

I do not see how you could brush up your idea into a viable proposal. But you can try, maybe I just have not got your point.

have posted an uncategorised example WMDTK9 Farm Art example- BBQ by the dam, Lockhart, NSW, Australia.

Please have a look and comment on what you think

Looking at the example I would post the truck in the Permanent Car Displays and the sculpture possibly in figurative sculptures though it really appears to be of temporary construction (what I would call a scare crow) even though it has been out for many years. I have different sculptures in figurative, silhouettes, abstract categories that are in farm fields placed by farm owners but I think it is better to have them categorized by the type of art rather than location or ownership. If we have "Farm Art" do we need "Museum Art", "City Hall Art", "Public Park Art"

The idea is not to add topics it is that the current topics have a requirement of the artist or a precise location of the object however this is not possible as the artist is unknown and the case of museums and other art locations is part of the display also contains information about the artist. In the case of farm art the name of the artist is unknown and the art is about giving passerbys the pleasure of viewing there work and possible a giggle.

In the case of putting mulitple waymarks at one location I don't think it is appropriate in this type of art/diorama form.

It is about the overall visual.