Need help in Cebu, PH

Audiopudding

Hey... well I took three weeks off of work and was going to get back into geocaching while in the Philippines. Only once I arrived here I found that I didn't back my little GPS.

Guess how many different GPS models I've found for sale in the Philippines? None! So I have this traveller who wants to make its way to the Philippines with me and I have no way to find a cache and my trip is nearing its end.

Is there anyone, anyone at all in Cebu who is a geocacher who can help out? I would love to get this little bugger where its owner dreamed it would go...

-Audiopudding

Only once I arrived here I found that I didn't [p]ack my little GPS.

-Audiopudding

Oh, that is too bad. Sorry, dude.

Have you tried emailing the local cache owners/cache finders?

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the Asia forum.

I protest! There are too many natives here with Spanish and Mayan descent to be considered Asian, and they are in the South Pacific!!

Funny, right? I'm from the Philippines so I understand what you mean.

The continent containing the Philippines is called Asia. That's why I called this forum "Asia" when I created it. :)

Good luck with finding a GPS!

There's no guarantee that any local cachers are going to see this post in time. You may want to start looking at cachers who own or have recently found caches in that area and start contacting them directly.

If you can't find anyone, you have a safety net: there is a virtual cache eight miles east of Cebu City, The King who defeated a Conqueror. It looks like the monument should be fairly easy to find without a GPSr. I know it's not the same as leaving the travel bug in a physical cache, but it's better than nothing.

By the way, if you do still have that travel bug in your possession, you may want to "grab" it -- you've had it so long that the owner marked it missing.

Good luck!