Gaging Interest for an event

bascrd

I am trying to find a way to combine two of my favorite online games geocaching and Humans vs Zombies (HvZ). For those of you who are unaware of HvZ here is a link with a brief overview of the rules http://humansvszombies.org/rules esentially it is a game of tag however the longer you play the more people become it and try to tag you. Here is a fun video I am not sure if non HvZ players will understand the rules as clearly as they are on the website

My idea is to set up a geocaching event in New Jersey (Pompton lakes, Wayne, Oakland, Riverdale, Ringwood) area for people willing to play. The even will be a weekend long event where humans must complete missions (such as finding geocaches) without being tagged by zombies. Some geocaches will be out the whole weekend some must be found within a certain time frame. The geocaches will serve the purpose that missions serve during a game. The will supply powerups and help to stimulate gameplay. The game requires teamwork and communication within your team.

Do you think a 3 or 4 day event based around this game will draw some interest? Obviously it would be a game that people can take time out from however a certain number of missions/ geocaches will be required to attend in order to win a prize at the end

Mike

PS if you are interested in helping me plan this join the game I set up at http://www.hvzsource.com/geo1/ (major edits will be made on that page so don't worry about any info you see on this page yet) (geocaching event to come pending figuring out the details)

Edited by bascrd

Be sure that your event cache submission focuses upon the opportunity for participants to get together and socialize, either at the beginning (socialize, go over the rules, then shotgun start) or at the end (socialize, stories from the zombie hunt, awards ceremony). The running around to hunt zombies part isn't a geocaching event, but the gathering is.