GS Mobile App Replaces c:geo

Z3ROIN

H all,

i was as i'm sure many were a bit miffed when c:geo (for whatever reason/whoever's fault blah blah) stopped working.

It was the app which introduced me to geocaching and without it i would never have discovered the joys of said activity. It was free and i had a shiney new GPS enabled mobile phone, so downloaded on a whim and BAM, my life changed!!!

When c:geo's live maps stopped working i was in a bit of a pickle, what with GS's Android app getting a real whooping from a minority of reviewers. After downloading an alternitive or two and being unimpressed with them compared to c:geo, i thought i may as well give GS'a app a go, after all it was the official app and logic would suggest it has a pretty good shot a being the best.

After a few minutes tentative and apprehensive ('scuse the pun) "playing" it slowly dawned on me that this app was good, very good! Bit by bit the functionality and usability unveiled itself, and bit by bit i got more exited about the prospects of my new toy and before long i was jumping around and pushing it in my girlfriends face saying "look what it can do!! I've wanted this feature for ages on c:geo!! And it does this, and this..." etc. etc.

I'm now no longer upset about c:geo and want to congratulate GS on such a great app. I'm also not quite sure what the negative reviews are about, but of course, mine is just a matter of opinion. If you're on the fence about GS's application for mobile phones my advice is download it and don't look back.