Nasty Comments

hovelj

Hi,

I recently had to replace logsheet for one of my caches, Someone had decided that they disapproveded of my cache and decided to write this on the sheet.

I find this both offensive and disgusting. Hope the person that wrote this feels good about themselves. If this is just a person thinking they are being funny, please keep and eye on our caches.. Personally I would not want my kids reading such filth.

Thanks

Hi,

I recently had to replace logsheet for one of my caches, Someone had decided that they disapproveded of my cache and decided to write this on the sheet.

I find this both offensive and disgusting. Hope the person that wrote this feels good about themselves. If this is just a person thinking they are being funny, please keep and eye on our caches.. Personally I would not want my kids reading such filth.

Thanks

Well since what he wrote was in the public domain and not a private message to you why not scan the log and provide a link to it - I would! Did he have reason to disapprove of the cache (not conforming to GS guidelines) ?

Trev

Edited by trevorh7000

Depending on where the cache is. I once put a nasty log on the page, merely cause the cache was placed in a rubbish strewn area on the GPS series. Scattered all round the site was piles of foul disgusting rubbish, which from the looks of it had accumulated there long before the cache was placed. I actually stepped on a bag trying to get around the rubbish to feel something soft and mushy inside.... I did not investigate. But yes at times some logs can be in line with experience.... Otherwise it would be best for the cacher to describe his experience, why did he find it offensive, was there something that may have warranted such a bad log.... More than likely something happened at the time that he encountered.... Unfortunately not everyone places caches and only go out to find them. As a cache placer of over 150 caches I can tell you that things do change, what could be a perfect spot one day is a pit of filth a few months later.... Either we have to perform a maintenance or a CITO to ensure the continued good form of our hides.... But if this guy has nothing constructive to say, just let it pass.... If your cache is good, don't let one negative bring down the many positives.... This is a funny pastime with funny people, don't let it bother you..... If the cache got good logs after this one, why bother....

Depending on where the cache is. I once put a nasty log on the page, merely cause the cache was placed in a rubbish strewn area on the GPS series. Scattered all round the site was piles of foul disgusting rubbish, which from the looks of it had accumulated there long before the cache was placed. I actually stepped on a bag trying to get around the rubbish to feel something soft and mushy inside.... I did not investigate. But yes at times some logs can be in line with experience.... Otherwise it would be best for the cacher to describe his experience, why did he find it offensive, was there something that may have warranted such a bad log.... More than likely something happened at the time that he encountered.... Unfortunately not everyone places caches and only go out to find them. As a cache placer of over 150 caches I can tell you that things do change, what could be a perfect spot one day is a pit of filth a few months later.... Either we have to perform a maintenance or a CITO to ensure the continued good form of our hides.... But if this guy has nothing constructive to say, just let it pass.... If your cache is good, don't let one negative bring down the many positives.... This is a funny pastime with funny people, don't let it bother you..... If the cache got good logs after this one, why bother....

Agreed, Just in case we do have a idiot muggle\cacher out there, let’s just check last couple logs as there are kids caching, and I really don't need mine kids reading this when they try sign a log. Although in today’s society that maybe hard.. to to add, the log was rude and vulgar and had nothing to do with where it was.

Edited by hovelj

Hi,

Thanks

Does the written log have an equivalent online log? I too would be interested to know what it said and what cache it was in... just out of morbid curiosity :)

Hi,

Thanks

Does the written log have an equivalent online log? I too would be interested to know what it said and what cache it was in... just out of morbid curiosity :)

no, just a written one, doubt they have the guts to posted the same thing online..

Hi,

Thanks

Always a good idea to perform routine cache maintenance. I find that most malcontents do what they do for the attention it generates. Talk to your local cachers off-line so that you all know to ignore him on line.

no, just a written one, doubt they have the guts to posted the same thing online..

It saddens me to think that this might have been a cacher. Maybe he/she doesn't like nanos, but then they could have just said so. There is no reason to sign logs in such a manner :mad:

Apart from the language issue - could you see any justification for his abuse - not condoning it at all? Like really filty area, shady characters hanging around; they went at a poor choice of time (e.g. late at night) - a wasp nest is now on the canister etc. - or is it just a person with a chip on their shoulder?

Have you perhaps seen the online logs - are there issues with those - and have you perhaps asked other cachers who own cahces this person has found (assuming you can identify them) - and have they had similar issues?