Resurrect and old iPhone Geocache App?

operaflute

Okay, I guess it's been a while since I've geocached. (18 mos?) Thought I'd get back into it again, and was just about to load a few to look for tomorrow and...

Looks like my old app doesn't work anymore? When I search for nearby caches, or enter a GC code, it says "No caches were found."

Is it no longer possible to use v 2.3? (I can't update my app since I have OS 3.0, and I can't update my OS. Also don't own a GPS)

Are my caching days over for now?

Thanks!

Okay, I guess it's been a while since I've geocached. (18 mos?) Thought I'd get back into it again, and was just about to load a few to look for tomorrow and...

Looks like my old app doesn't work anymore? When I search for nearby caches, or enter a GC code, it says "No caches were found."

Is it no longer possible to use v 2.3? (I can't update my app since I have OS 3.0, and I can't update my OS. Also don't own a GPS)

Are my caching days over for now?

Thanks!

They had to shut down the server that supported the older API for security reasons. You need to update the APP, but like you said you are restricted on the OS because hardware issues. You might drop a line to contact@geocaching.com and ask for help, they might havae a solution. There are cheap GPS that show up from time to time in the Garage Sale forum.

Yup. Jail broken and unlocked. Unlimited everything with T-mobile for $50/month. Seems best to leave well enough alone, rather than risk turning it into a paper weight.

They don't run it too bad. A bit heavy on the battery usage, but they will support iOS5. However, I can understand the hesitancy. Hacked? as in, jailbroken?

I do the same with my iphone 4.

Jailbroken, running AT&T goPhone $50 unlimited! No plan, no contract, no problem! I had to trim the SIM card by hand since the iphone 4 uses a micro sim, but I got it done and it works.

The newest jailbreak is available for your phone, however, I would probably leave well enough alone myself, given the circumstances.