Event - GC Vitoria Green Capital 2012

egry

Hi friends, we're encouraged to enter this forum to inform you that a team of geocachers are preparing a “Big Event” in Vitoria (Spain), to celebrate the European Green Capital award this year 2012.

We are organizing this event with a great illusion and enthusiasm. We are going to have a great program of activities for you so you can come to see and enjoy of our great city.

We also want to give us the MEGA category after the event, but we'll need your help for this objective.

There will be many activities and much Geocaching. There are still many details to define, but you can enter in our website to sign in and inform you with the latest news from the event.

Make space in your diaries. We will wait for all of you!

See you later! :laughing:

egry

Banner_GC_Ing.png

Edited by egry

Spain in August would make for some seriously uncomfortable caching.

Our Spanish friends have stated they hope to achieve MEGA status,

yet the Geolympix team have presumed MEGA status.

Are you sure they have "presumed" it? I thought Groundspeak had awarded it already?

Rgds, Andy

From their (non-mega) event cache page:

FAQs

Q. If it's a Mega event, why is it listed as a traditional/standard event?

A. As a 'first time Mega' event, Groundspeak will only allow it Mega Status once an attendance of over 500 people has been confirmed. This should happen on the day, with Groundspeak 'upgrading' the event and its icon while it's still running, to ensure the 11 icons in 11 hours challenge works fine!

From their (non-mega) event cache page:

FAQs

A. As a 'first time Mega' event, Groundspeak will only allow it Mega Status once an attendance of over 500 people has been confirmed. This should happen on the day, with Groundspeak 'upgrading' the event and its icon while it's still running, to ensure the 11 icons in 11 hours challenge works fine!

Ta, I didn't realise that, I thought Groundspeak "took a view" (i.e. an educated guess) on it.

Rgds, Andy

In our case, we haven't got yet the MEGA category, because it's the first time we tried.

However, we hope to achieve with your help and your assistance.

We will keep you informed about new activities, and the latest news of the event.

Regards!

egry

Banner_GC_Ing.png

Edited by egry

Hi friends, we're encouraged to enter this forum to inform you that a team of geocachers are preparing a “Big Event” in Vitoria (Spain), to celebrate the European Green Capital award this year 2012.

We are organizing this event with a great illusion and enthusiasm. We are going to have a great program of activities for you so you can come to see and enjoy of our great city.

We also want to give us the MEGA category after the event, but we'll need your help for this objective.

There will be many activities and much Geocaching. There are still many details to define, but you can enter in our website to sign in and inform you with the latest news from the event.

Make space in your diaries. We will wait for all of you!

See you later! :laughing:

egry

Banner_GC_Ing.png

It sounds very exciting, so I went to the web site and have a few questions about some of the stuff there. Can you help?:

1) What is the significance of the "Are you gonna lose it?" catchphrase. I'm sure it's something very clever but I can't work it out. It just seems a bit contrary to the objectives of geocaching when we want to find things not lose them. I know that anytime I've lost anything while geocaching, it's made me very sad indeed.

If this is intended as an event to challenge and stress the attendees so that they "lose it" i.e. lose their temper, I'd rather know before committing more time to research for possible attendance. I like geocaching to make me interested, excited, happy but mainly calm and enjoyable, not frantic and stressy.

2) What is European Green capital? What is hoped to be achieved by naming a town in this way? Is it the only one, or one of many? (The web site doesn't necessarily clarify)

I look forward to hearing form you.

It sounds very exciting, so I went to the web site and have a few questions about some of the stuff there. Can you help?:

1) What is the significance of the "Are you gonna lose it?" catchphrase. I'm sure it's something very clever but I can't work it out. It just seems a bit contrary to the objectives of geocaching when we want to find things not lose them. I know that anytime I've lost anything while geocaching, it's made me very sad indeed.

If this is intended as an event to challenge and stress the attendees so that they "lose it" i.e. lose their temper, I'd rather know before committing more time to research for possible attendance. I like geocaching to make me interested, excited, happy but mainly calm and enjoyable, not frantic and stressy.

2) What is European Green capital? What is hoped to be achieved by naming a town in this way? Is it the only one, or one of many? (The web site doesn't necessarily clarify)

I look forward to hearing form you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sorry about my english (I'm afraid it's awful).

With this slogan, we wanted to say if are you sure that you want to miss the event? (we used 'lose' alluding to people who haven't got GPS). Perhaps isn't gramatically correct. In that case I'm sorry. It could be better to say "Are you going to miss the event?"

I appreciate your help with the translation of this slogan. Can you help me?

During this year Vitoria is the European Green Capital. This award has been given by the European Commision of the Environment (you can read more about it in "www.europeangreencapital.eu").

Taking this opportunity we have prepared a event with a great "green" program that we want you to enjoy it. In fact, we are preparing a kind of a great green party of Geocaching. ;)

We hope to see you around here.

egry

Banner_GC_Ing.png

Edited by egry

Hello guys. This is getting interesting!

The event is already published, and now you can make your "Will Attend".:lol:

The reviewers have agreed to publish the event six months before the "D" day (like a really MEGA Event!)

We will be very grateful to receive you at the event.

In a few days you'll have new notices. See you later! ^_^

egry

Banner_GC_Ing.png

Edited by egry