writing utensil of choice

jermlac

I like the pilot gel pens which I buy to use at work for online reporting and assorted paperwork. Also known as "pilot G2/07" blue ink, fine point. Bought some of the 'recycled' ones and 'limited edition' ones too for the heck of it. They are made in Japan too which is nice.

They provide the non-gel versions made in china free at work but there was a stray gel 07 laying around for some reason and I got hooked.

You should be able to find these at your local wally-fart. Or they are on amazon... as are the 'limited' editions. It's rare for me to keep track of anything but my keys and wallet... training myself to not just leave these pens laying around wherever and losing them took some time. If I leave them at work they'll inevitably disappear by the time I get back. (like how I got my first one.. found it laying around at work and took it. :) )

Edited by sholomar

Pilot G-2 05 "Extra Fine Point." I like these better than the 07 because the don't smear nearly as much, the ink would always end up on the side of my palm. Not so with the 05!

The 05 has been getting really difficult to find lately. None of the local CVS (and similar) stores, nor Staples or Office Max carried them. I had to resort to eBay. I found a 12-pack for $9.95 shipped. And that was for PENS, not refills! Much cheaper than what I'd ever find in the store.

Pilot G-2 05 "Extra Fine Point." I like these better than the 07 because the don't smear nearly as much, the ink would always end up on the side of my palm. Not so with the 05!

The 05 has been getting really difficult to find lately. None of the local CVS (and similar) stores, nor Staples or Office Max carried them. I had to resort to eBay. I found a 12-pack for $9.95 shipped. And that was for PENS, not refills! Much cheaper than what I'd ever find in the store.

I actually use the G2 pretty much exclusively, but I use the ultra-fine 0.38 which is nice for nanos, etc. Most people find 0.38 a little too fine for day-to-day writing and use the 0.5 or 0.7. I use the 0.5 for day-to-day writing. They also have a big fat 1.0.

Mitragorz, I find my G2 0.38s and the 0.5s are regular stock items in the stationery/school supply aisles at Target. YMMV as the stock items at SuperTargets, Target Greatlands, and regular Targets aren't identical.

most of the micros I've found so far have either been wet now or were in the past so they were a smeary mess. I'm going to be honest and note this every time I find one like this, but I won't post need maintenance, I'll just post I found it. Hopefully it's not par for the course that all people leave micros in this shape. :)

Anywhoo I saw they had 1mm bold ones and ultra fine ones on amazon and may order some of the refill cartridges for these to see how they write. Might come in handy for dry micros. Just ordered some '38 specials'

Edited by sholomar

At some point I found myself writing with a Pilot G2 07 gel pen and found they are perfect. Walmart only had the 05 mil size and I don't like them as well. I have since bought several boxes of 07 mil on Amazon and keep them at work, at home, in the truck, the laptop bag, the camera bag, my back pocket... Haha. Oh and they're perfect for wet cache logs.