Need PQ Help: excluding State/Country

Blue_Stone

OK, I live in the corner of a state, that butts up against another state and another country. I have been doing PQs just using a 100mi radius, which overlaps all three.

Now I want to EXCLUDE the overlap into the other country, and just want my state, and one or two others near me.

How do I do this? I thought I could just select "United States" as country, but its not in the drop down list?.. ???? ...

SO then I thought, however unlikely, MAYBE I could select more than one state in the State drop down list....But it wont even let me select MY state... ??

I know the site has been running REALLLL slow for me today, so I dont know if that has had any effect on me being able to select things in the drop down list...???

I'm sure there HAS to be someone out there living along the Canadian or Mexican borders who knows how to do this...PLEASE HELP!!..

OK, I live in the corner of a state, that butts up against another state and another country. I have been doing PQs just using a 100mi radius, which overlaps all three.

Now I want to EXCLUDE the overlap into the other country, and just want my state, and one or two others near me.

How do I do this? I thought I could just select "United States" as country, but its not in the drop down list?.. ???? ...

SO then I thought, however unlikely, MAYBE I could select more than one state in the State drop down list....But it wont even let me select MY state... ??

I know the site has been running REALLLL slow for me today, so I dont know if that has had any effect on me being able to select things in the drop down list...???

I'm sure there HAS to be someone out there living along the Canadian or Mexican borders who knows how to do this...PLEASE HELP!!..

I have the reverse situtation up here in Canada. I live close to the border, and hence I want to exclude any US caches. However, Canada shows for me in the country list, so I can easily choose that and only get Canadian results. I find it very strange that the US isn't an option, considering how many users must be in the same situation as yourself. As for selecting multiple states, that should work. I can CTRL-select multiple items in that list. You said it won't let you select your state. What happens when you try?

I tried to reply right after you posted, but the site is SLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW for me. The maps are REALLY bad....

Anyway, I waited and waited, and finally got to try the CTRL-select, and it worked. :D Didnt even think to try that before.

And yeah, I find it hard to believe they added hundreds of Countries in the Country list, but NOT the US.... :rolleyes:

Thanx A-Team!

To be able to do this on a regular basis, do it once save the query, copy it, and edit it on a regular basis. I agree that it is surprising but it can be done by selecting all the states while holding down the control key. Then save this query and edit it as needed. Mostly though you only need to exclude nearby states.