Pocket Query

cpo99999

Hello all, Can someone tell me what to do to get my successfully created pocket query from my pc to my garmin etrex 10? The instructions on this web site are useless. If there are instructional video sites just send me the link, but I'd rather just have it explained to me like I was a three year old.

Thanks

Edited by cpo99999

Hello all, Can someone tell me what to do to get my successfully created pocket query from my pc to my garmin etrex 10? The instructions on this web site are useless. If there are instructional video sites just send me the link, but I'd rather just have it explained to me like I was a three year old.

Thanks

Connect your GPS to your computer and treat it like a hard drive. Unzip the PQ into the GPX folder that you will find on the Etrex. Simple as pie..... once you catch on. :)

Thanks

Well, since no one answered yet, I'll give it a shot.

I have a 62s, so I dont know if this will work for the etrex. I also use GSAK to do all this for me, but I've used this method a couple of times as well:

1) Hook up the GPS to comp, and let the GPS go into Mass Storage Mode.

2) Using Explorer (how you view folders on your computer), go into your GPS folder. (Should show up as a new drive in Explorer, and should have ETREX 10 in the name of it)

3) Go into it and open the Garmin folder, then open the GPX folder.

4) then copy your geocaching GPX file here, and make sure it is named "Geocaches.gpx"

5) You should be done. :D

By the way, I beleive this works for waypoints also...You would just make sure the file name you copy would be "Waypoints.gpx"...I guess that's how the unit knows whther to load them as geocaches or waypoints. ;)