Explorist gc trouble

Ok got it figured out.After upgrade to software edition 1.7, you can no longer drag and drop,you have to sync gpx files with vantagepoint or they will not load.

I'm running ver 1.7 and I have no issues with dragging and dropping my downloaded .GPX files in to the geocache director on my ExpGC. Are you sure you are doing it correctly?

Ok got it figured out.After upgrade to software edition 1.7, you can no longer drag and drop,you have to sync gpx files with vantagepoint or they will not load.

I'm running ver 1.7 and I have no issues with dragging and dropping my downloaded .GPX files in to the geocache director on my ExpGC. Are you sure you are doing it correctly?

Just popped in from the other thread, didn't see this, and am posting here in case you didn't see that. Had the other thread on "watch" and just posted without looking at anything else. I had 1.7 right out of the box, and that's the only method I ever used for PQ's. I dunno, try "upgrading" to 1.7 again and see what happens?

Anytime you have a problem like this, come over the Http://www.exploristforum.com and report it there. If you can't find fast help there, let me know and I'll report it directly to Magellan and find out a fix for you.

David

Bookmarked, thanks! Hopefully I will participate in the future.

So....Magellan has achieved Legendary status with bad customer support, and they've now broken something that didn't need fixed.......

I see a shiny new Garmin in my very near caching future.

Nope. Garmin ticked me off forever when they started that stupid Geocaching website. Now maybe if they throw in the towel, and completely erase it, I may consider buying another Garmin product some day. :lol:

Edited by Mr.Yuck

Just popped in from the other thread, didn't see this, and am posting here in case you didn't see that. Had the other thread on "watch" and just posted without looking at anything else. I had 1.7 right out of the box, and that's the only method I ever used for PQ's. I dunno, try "upgrading" to 1.7 again and see what happens?

I saw the post by the OP in the other topic after I posted to this topic. The OP wasn't very specific in this topic. He didn't say what software from the Magellan website he had updated. He did say that that his GPX file would not load but that leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Was he having problems loading the GPX files from the GC website to his computer or from his computer to the GPSr. What methods did he try? Drag and drop? Vantagepoint? Some other software? He ended up answering those questions in the other topic.

Drag and drop does work with ver 1.7 of the firmware. I'd try reinstalling the firmware on the Explorist GC. Then if that doesn't work I'd try installing ver 1.6 again because that one works the way that he wants it to. Besides there really isn't much different between the two versions. Just the some extra info on the loading screen and max number of files on the GPSr was increased. The max number of geocaches stayed the same.

Anytime you have a problem like this, come over the Http://www.exploristforum.com and report it there. If you can't find fast help there, let me know and I'll report it directly to Magellan and find out a fix for you.

David

Got that one bookmarked. It's a very good site with very knowledgeable people. Although it is a little but slower paced than the forums here because there are fewer members. You might have to wait a day or two for a response but it is usually worth the wait.