How do I convert new maps to pdf files?

alien55

With Adobe Acrobat, the old maps could be easily converted to pdf files that I could save on the hard drive of my net book for use while out caching. I can't seem to do that with the new maps. THe converted file shows as a blank page. Can anyone help? It's a real pain having to print the maps. I contacted Groundspeak but they only answered the part of my e-mail that asked for an explanation of why the maps had changed.

Not sure about your pdf issue, but maybe the solution is to just do a "screen capture" of the map to an image file and stack those up in a folder for reference or printing... ( to a pdf or printer)

In windows you can hit "CTRL-Print Screen" buttons at the same time to grab an image capture of your entire desktop, or hit "CTRL-ALT-Print Screen" buttons to get an image capture of just the active window.

dunno about macs.

With Adobe Acrobat, the old maps could be easily converted to pdf files that I could save on the hard drive of my net book for use while out caching. I can't seem to do that with the new maps. THe converted file shows as a blank page. Can anyone help? It's a real pain having to print the maps. I contacted Groundspeak but they only answered the part of my e-mail that asked for an explanation of why the maps had changed.

I believe the new maps are using some sort of layering process, on my old PC with IE6 the new map would display okay at first then as caches were added (in blocks) the screen would turn grey and was useless. I suspect that what gets sent to your .pdf is what i was getting on my old browser, perhaps an update to Acrobat?

Tell me how you used to convert the maps to pdf, (did you just print the page?) and what is happening now and I'll give it a shot to help you... I use Acrobat quite a bit at work.

Acrobat installs a "Convert" button in my browser toolbar and all I had to do was click on "convert web page to pdf". The converted web page would the pop up on my desk top. Nice and simple. Aside from this problem, I don't like the new maps a whole lot but I guess we're stuck with them.

Tell me how you used to convert the maps to pdf, (did you just print the page?) and what is happening now and I'll give it a shot to help you... I use Acrobat quite a bit at work.

Acrobat installs a "Convert" button in my browser toolbar and all I had to do was click on "convert web page to pdf". The converted web page would the pop up on my desk top. Nice and simple. Aside from this problem, I don't like the new maps a whole lot but I guess we're stuck with them.

Hi, I'm running Win 7; IE 8 & have Adobe Acrobat 9. I have tried this and the "Convert" button doesn't work for me as well. Trying to "print" to PDF doesn't work either.

However—I also have Firefox as a browser and "printing" to PDF from Firefox does work.

And if you install Firefox; Greasemonkey & the relevant greasemonkey script you will get the Google maps back to boot!