Finder Stats of my caches

jawbreaker1222

Although I don't do such, it would seem as though one could do this with a Pocket Query of your hides only and GSAK doing the work of the categorizing.

Ive never used gsak ill take a look thankyou.

The FindStatsGen macro for GSAK does a nice job of doing this.

No, what he is saying is for stats of his hides, the kind of stats nobody has asked before! You know what they say, no stat is too obscure for someone to want to have!

Anyway, there is no way. Your SOL unless you go through each one individually. If you plan on creating more caches, or checking/updating these stats often and were infinity crafty you *might* be better off creating some javascript code that parses the current web-page for specific information and copy and paste it into Excel to create a custom graph. Than you could just compile a list of links to your caches and have a seperate browser from your own start up with 70+ tabs open. Than Ctrl V your javascript code into your url on each one, and press enter, then copy and paste the information into excel.

Pretty much, you have a lot of work to do either way.

EDIT:

Alterantivly, you could just download the .GPX file of each of your caches when you wish to update, and then put them into gsak and create a gsak macro to get the information rather than a javascript code, and than from there copy/paste into excel. This might be a little more efficent. If not, at least much easier to get the information from a .gpx than parse a web page.

Edited by Coldgears

Although I don't do such, it would seem as though one could do this with a Pocket Query of your hides only and GSAK doing the work of the categorizing.

No, what he is saying is for stats of his hides, the kind of stats nobody has asked before! You know what they say, no stat is too obscure for someone to want to have!

Anyway, there is no way.

Um, the FindStatsGen macro for GSAK does exactly what he's looking for. That's why jholly suggested it. You can look at my profile page or jholly's to see a couple of examples.

Anyway, there is no way.

Um, the FindStatsGen macro for GSAK does exactly what he's looking for. That's why jholly suggested it. You can look at my profile page or jholly's to see a couple of examples.

Thank you, didn't need a vacation.

Anyway, there is no way.

FindStatsGen only does stats on caches you have found. Not ones you have hidden.

Anyway, there is no way.

FindStatsGen only does stats on caches you have found. Not ones you have hidden.

Sigh, you really should not comment on software that you personally are not familiar with. It does in fact show stats on caches you *PLACED*. You were told to look at a couple profiles, perhaps you should do that. If you looked at mine you would have seen a section for *FOUND* caches and a section for *PLACED* caches. You do realize, of course, that *PLACED* caches is another way to say caches you have hidden. I will again state that FindStatGen does generate statistics for caches you hide and if you don't want to use FindStatGen then all you need do is generate a PQ of the caches you hid and then import that into GSAK and go crazy with SQL statements. And if you do not want to use GSAK then pull the PQ into an editor and have fun.

The problem with using that Macro for hides used to be the difficulty of being sure you had downloaded all logs on your hidden caches. This was possible but time consuming I believe that problem has been largely solved by the newest version of GSAk using the API but I'm not an expert. I don't use this but I do a lot of reading about it.

The problem with using that Macro for hides used to be the difficulty of being sure you had downloaded all logs on your hidden caches. This was possible but time consuming I believe that problem has been largely solved by the newest version of GSAk using the API but I'm not an expert. I don't use this but I do a lot of reading about it.

Yep, the new version with Geocaching.com API access makes it pretty simple. If you have a lot of caches with lots of logs, it can take a bit of time, but at least it's an officially-endorsed method of getting logs (unlike some of the previous methods!).