Another bug in GPX files

Lil Devil

I just noticed this in several of my GPX files:

quote:
Dry Creek by Kimbo, Traditional Cache (2/2)

and

quote:
Coaches Cache by McIrish, Traditional Cache (2/2)

In all cases it seems to just have the difficulty twice in the parenthesis, instead of difficulty/terrain.

ClayJar, I'm surprised you didn't notice this.

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

Is that a bug, or are the numbers in parenthesis just what was given to the cache when it was first submitted?

I know cache GC0128 shows up in the GPX as (1/1), but Watcher lists it as a 1/1.5 both in the list AND in the cache description.

So I am assuming even if CJ was unaware of this, he still used the actual ratings tags, making the other numbers unneccessary.

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

I use the actual ratings when I display them, and I noticed this earlier (but I forgot to look into it). It's (Diff/Diff) alright:

<name>GC21</name><desc>Lake Lanier by Jay Chamberlain, Traditional Cache (0/0)</desc><Groundspeak:cache id="33" ...>  <Groundspeak:difficulty>0</Groundspeak:difficulty>  <Groundspeak:terrain>1</Groundspeak:terrain>
Oh, and no, it's not the original ratings. I know a local cache that changed ratings after it was posted. (I asked them to, and they did.) It does not have the original rating, so it certainly seems to be (Diff/Diff).