Garmin Etrex Legend Cx - Always starts dimmed

oobnuker

As the title states, my backup GPSr is a Garmin Etrex Legend Cx and while I have no major complaints about it, my only gripe is that every time I turn it on, it starts with the backlight fully dimmed and I have to increase the brightness. I've tried adjusting the brightness controls in the setup of the unit for Day and Night, etc. but nothing seems to work. Is this normal behavior? Is there any work-around to make it start up bright?

Thanks for any help!

As the title states, my backup GPSr is a Garmin Etrex Legend Cx and while I have no major complaints about it, my only gripe is that every time I turn it on, it starts with the backlight fully dimmed and I have to increase the brightness. I've tried adjusting the brightness controls in the setup of the unit for Day and Night, etc. but nothing seems to work. Is this normal behavior? Is there any work-around to make it start up bright?

Thanks for any help!

I had the Legend HCx for a year and a half, its an excellent device...the answer to your question is - Yes, it always came on with no illumination. I didn't have a problem with that, I just kind of got used to it...

every time I turn it on, it starts with the backlight fully dimmed and I have to increase the brightness. I've tried adjusting the brightness controls in the setup of the unit for Day and Night, etc. but nothing seems to work. Is this normal behavior? Is there any work-around to make it start up bright?

I assume you've already figured out you can press the power button after turn on and increase the back light once half bright, twice full bright?

I assume you've already figured out you can press the power button after turn on and increase the back light once half bright, twice full bright?

Actually, the first press doesn't go to half bright. It goes to the brighness that you set in the user settings. The second press does go to full bright, though.