Pens Pens Pens

I carry three.

A pencil

A biro

A gel pen

The biro is my usual writer, the pencil doubles as a stylus when my fingernail isn't good enough and the gel pen is good for write-on-wet.

I also carry a largish felt-tip for correcting spelling, factual and grammatical errors on notices. For example, on the back of some road signs these days, you'll find "this sign has no value", and although almost no-one will ever read what's round the back, geocachers will, so it's a good place for "but the pole it's mounted on is valuable metal" or "and the sign's message is also entirely useless".

I used to carry a series of cheap biros round with me however I ended up with so many embarrassing ink leaks I was worried that my thigh was going to end up permanently 'tatooed' with a splodge of leaked ink.

I then acquired a more expensive pen that seemed to be suitable for all types of logs no matter how wet. It was one of those very fine 'felt tip' type pens. Unfortunately I went and left it in a cache. I thought about returning to retrieve it but imagine my annoyance when I noticed a subsequent log that stated ' Took nice pen left childrens key ring'.

As I have signed some logs in blood, mud, mould and charcoal the type or lack of a writing implement is never going to be a berrier to signing the log.

I'm reminded of the, probably apocryphal, space-race story about the USA spending a million dollars developing a pen that would write in zero-G while the Russians used a pencil :lol:.

I loved this story when I heard aboutit as a kid. I even bought my old man a pencil in container saying space implement. However a friend ruined it for me with this link.

I

I also carry a largish felt-tip for correcting spelling, factual and grammatical errors on notices. For example, on the back of some road signs these days, you'll find "this sign has no value", and although almost no-one will ever read what's round the back, geocachers will, so it's a good place for "but the pole it's mounted on is valuable metal" or "and the sign's message is also entirely useless".

So what you're saying is, while out Geocaching you also enjoy defacing and vandalizing public property. Yeah, that's the image of Geocaching we want to put out there...:(

I

So what you're saying is, while out Geocaching you also enjoy defacing and vandalizing public property. Yeah, that's the image of Geocaching we want to put out there...:(

And he tries to make us jump and down like rabbits outside stations too. :laughing:

I found a pen yesterday at a cache GZ. Pity I couldn't find the cache. :sad:

I've done that before. Found 3or 4 pens on a very steep and isolated hillside and thought the cache must have been muggled.

Eventually when the GPS behaved sensibly (the hill was so steep movement and GPS adjustment was slow) I found the cache 100 feet away.

Still don't know the reason for those pens being there, but I guess they weren't write anywhere ones and had been discarded. :rolleyes:

I

Ssshhhh. Don't tell anyone else as it will probably spoil the joke for others, but you'll probably find the Dr wasn't actually being serious.

I found a pen yesterday at a cache GZ. Pity I couldn't find the cache. :sad:

I've done that before. Found 3or 4 pens on a very steep and isolated hillside and thought the cache must have been muggled.

Eventually when the GPS behaved sensibly (the hill was so steep movement and GPS adjustment was slow) I found the cache 100 feet away.

Still don't know the reason for those pens being there, but I guess they weren't write anywhere ones and had been discarded. :rolleyes:

They had clearly come back through a wormhole from the planet where all pens go. In the same region as the planet of single socks. :laughing: