new idea

xpunkx & Julez

i just got this idea the other night...i think it would be great to have a phone number to call i.e. 1-800-4CACHES where we could call and get the coords to new caches and detailes...and maybe even log caches...see i know that when on vacation i don't always have access to the net so this would be a great way to get the info on the caches. i got this idea from 1-800-555-TELL (it is an info line everything from sports to weather to news) let me know what you guys think and if it could be done.

xpunkx of xpunkx & julez

Do me a favor? Sign up with infone (888-411-1111) and see if they'll do geocaches. It appears that they probably would, and if you try it, you can let us all know. It's free for the first 5 calls, and after that, it's 89 cents for the first 15 minutes and 5 cents each after that.

If you were out in the middle of nowhere and decided you needed coordinates to some caches, 89 cents wouldn't be too bad, eh?

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System

on a side note, we got my son a Nokia N-Gage phone. The Opera browser on the phone renders geocaching.com quite nicely. The color screen is really nice as well. I need to try and log a find from it to see if it can deal with the site's javascript. I'm pretty sure it can. It's certainly able to log in and do a filter finds on your present coords. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

...Be nice to your fellow geocachers, they might be Hemlock...