Travel Bug Hotels

djjohnmerry

If its in a good location it will become a hotel. No need to call it one and draw unwanted attention to it. There are people who get a free account so they can find near by TB hotels and steel the trackables. So if you place one don't call it a hotel and if you do then make it a PMO cache so its harder for the would be thief to find it.

I think the concept is not a bad one but inevitably what ends up happening after a few years is caches that are listed as "TB hotels" end up not having any TBs in them! That always feels a bit disappointing if you ask me. <_<

I figure if you just end up hiding a cache that's large enough for several TBs and is a quality hide then TBs will show up there. Unless there's a CO who is routinely restocking TBs at the "hotel" then I rarely see the point otherwise.

I think the concept is not a bad one but inevitably what ends up happening after a few years is caches that are listed as "TB hotels" end up not having any TBs in them! That always feels a bit disappointing if you ask me. <_<

I figure if you just end up hiding a cache that's large enough for several TBs and is a quality hide then TBs will show up there. Unless there's a CO who is routinely restocking TBs at the "hotel" then I rarely see the point otherwise.

+1

Most of the TB Hotels I've visited had regular swag and no TBs. A CO that plants one should probably be prepared to do more maintenance and add their own TBs regularly. I agree with Andromeda about planting a water-tight regular size cache that's large enough for several TBs.

You can check out my TB Hotel - GC1DT3P It's been in place for over 3 years now. It has had, to date, 347 finds and 301 TBs and coins have passed through it. There are a few cachers in the area who regularly visit to pick up and drop off. Any trackables that end up in the cache don't last very long before they are on the move again.

Say what you will about TB Hotels, but I think mine has worked fairly well. And just to note, there are NO prison rules on my cache. That would just be wrong!

Cheers! B)

If its in a good location it will become a hotel. No need to call it one and draw unwanted attention to it. There are people who get a free account so they can find near by TB hotels and steel the trackables. So if you place one don't call it a hotel and if you do then make it a PMO cache so its harder for the would be thief to find it.

do the math: $10 for a 3 month. average geocoin cost $10. someone he||bent on raiding caches for coins only has to find one a month to pay for that 3 months account.

don't call it a hotel, if its big enough travelers will be left in it.

You can check out my TB Hotel - GC1DT3P It's been in place for over 3 years now. It has had, to date, 347 finds and 301 TBs and coins have passed through it. There are a few cachers in the area who regularly visit to pick up and drop off. Any trackables that end up in the cache don't last very long before they are on the move again.

Say what you will about TB Hotels, but I think mine has worked fairly well. And just to note, there are NO prison rules on my cache. That would just be wrong!

Cheers! B)

how many have you had to mark missing?

not many TBs or coins in my area lately