Welcome

lumbricus

Seriously, I am glad to be loged into the new Fourms. It looks great!

Let the fun begin

Just messing around trying to figure how to use all the stuff in GSAK, Geocaching.com, and Waymarking.

Just created a scavenger hunt, first one ever.

As an Australian it's nice to finally get into the forums, after repeatedly being told I don't exist - I could post waymarks, and visit waymarks, but I couldn't get into forums.

It definitely needed fixing, not too happy about the method as I would have liked to respond to some of the archived ones, but this is better than nothing.

from The Waymarking Desert of Mexico (well, that's where my waymarks end up on any second edits).

Seriously though, GSAK just doesn't really like Waymarking, I have to visit each waymark listing and manually add the description and visit requirements for each one.

My Waymarking Karma is currently about 14.3% (1 visit on placed waymarks / 7 total visits), which doen't compare very favourably with my Caching Karma of 234.2 % (11,298 finds on owned caches / 4,824 total finds).

It definitely needed fixing, not too happy about the method as I would have liked to respond to some of the archived ones, but this is better than nothing.

You could always copy the original post, include a link for quick access, and then add your two cents. I'm sure the folks here will jump right onto your new post of the topic...

I've started Waymarking again after a long hiatus & am enjoying it.

I keep away from technical means of remembering all the different waymarks relying instead on an A to Z index book. I went through the alphabetical list of waymarks disregarding any that can't be found in Australia, applied various other criteria & ended up with about 600 waymarks. I'm up to "M" in the index book. I study it at quiet times to reinforce my memory. It is also helpful that many of the waymark requirements are similar.

Waymarking suits me as I prefer to travel in regional areas & geocaches are often in short supply. The Australian Geocaching site has something similar to Waymarking (locationless caches) & I combine the two. Geocaching has pretty well taken a back seat or at least the Groundspeak variety.

Now if I could only type quicker & Groundspeak could accept that I live in Australia & not somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.

What a great way of doing it! My partner loves to take pictures when we are out walking and caching, we also love to look round churches, so I then waymark by going through the photos and Waymarking as I go. I never thought of printing a list and using that as reference too. Mind if I borrow your idea?

As for living in the middle of the ocean, are you sure you are not a mermaid :D

I've started Waymarking again after a long hiatus & am enjoying it.

I keep away from technical means of remembering all the different waymarks relying instead on an A to Z index book. I went through the alphabetical list of waymarks disregarding any that can't be found in Australia, applied various other criteria & ended up with about 600 waymarks. I'm up to "M" in the index book. I study it at quiet times to reinforce my memory. It is also helpful that many of the waymark requirements are similar.

Waymarking suits me as I prefer to travel in regional areas & geocaches are often in short supply. The Australian Geocaching site has something similar to Waymarking (locationless caches) & I combine the two. Geocaching has pretty well taken a back seat or at least the Groundspeak variety.

Now if I could only type quicker & Groundspeak could accept that I live in Australia & not somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.

Sounds like a perfect story to submit to the Waymarking site for their "Share You Waymarking Adventures" (see story under News Items).

What a great way of doing it! My partner loves to take pictures when we are out walking and caching, we also love to look round churches, so I then waymark by going through the photos and Waymarking as I go. I never thought of printing a list and using that as reference too. Mind if I borrow your idea?

As for living in the middle of the ocean, are you sure you are not a mermaid :D

I don't mind if you borrow the idea, but as Fred Bullpit (and I) would say - leave the money on the fridge. Now if I could just find that fridge. I live 8 clicks from the Pacific Ocean but prefer fresh water & dry land.

Sounds like a perfect story to submit to the Waymarking site for their "Share You Waymarking Adventures" (see story under News Items).

Will consider that. I'm attending the OZ Mega in Albury over Easter & have down loaded about 100 caches. I've also checked on the Waymarking situation so will combine the two, perhaps. If I'm by myself I can see me wandering around looking for dated buildings and this: http://www.visitnsw....railway-station plus heaps of others.

I became very particular in what caches I looked for reducing the Groundspeak variety to trads & earthcaches & giving the majority of micros the flick. The last micro I found I didn't use my GPSr as I knew where to look - had waymarked the Kugel at the location!

I became very particular in what caches I looked for reducing the Groundspeak variety to trads & earthcaches & giving the majority of micros the flick. The last micro I found I didn't use my GPSr as I knew where to look - had waymarked the Kugel at the location!

I have kindof done the same thing. I only download Small, Regular, Large and Virturals caches. Got too frustrated looking for Micros/Nanos...

But now I spend a lot of my GPSr time being FTF on WMs in the area. My goal is to have all WMs withing 10 miles of my house have at least 1 visit. My secondary goal is to fill in my category grid.