I Miss The Old Image Uploader

umc

So whats with the new way of having to upload images to the site? Before I remember that you could just select the image that you wanted and it was converted to the proper size on upload. Now you have to scale them first. What a pain.

Can we have the old back???

______________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

I can't see any change from the way it's been. Uploading pictures for logs on the benchmarks site is different. For benchmarks the site does automatically convert and scale the photos for you. I had asked if this would be implemented for the geocaching site as well several months ago. I can’t find the thread now, but the reply was yes …. eventually. icon_confused.gif

http://home.earthlink.net/~whidbeywalk/

I can't see any change from the way it's been. Uploading pictures for logs on the benchmarks site is different. For benchmarks the site does automatically convert and scale the photos for you. I had asked if this would be implemented for the geocaching site as well several months ago. I can’t find the thread now, but the reply was yes …. eventually. icon_confused.gif

Today is the first time you ever uploaded pics to one of your logs.

Although I could not see the Benchmarks you found.

I have to assume Whidbey Walk is right your compairing benchmark logs with Cache logs. Which may be different because everything about benchmark hunting is new. New features were easier to work in.

I can uderstand how you as an old timer might forget something like that.lach.gif

Preparation, the first law to survival.

39197_400.jpg

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by Whidbey Walk:

Yes that has to be it. I don't remember trying to upload pics in a different place other than the benchmark page and that must be what I'm thinking of.

At anyrate it is a very nice feature over there and should be put into place here.

Sorry for the confusion but if I remembered that the title would have been a little different.

Thanks all.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

quote:
Originally posted by Whidbey Walk:

Yes that has to be it. I don't remember trying to upload pics in a different place other than the benchmark page and that must be what I'm thinking of.

At anyrate it is a very nice feature over there and should be put into place here.

Sorry for the confusion but if I remembered that the title would have been a little different.

Thanks all.