Unapproved caches

kablooey

I guess I haven't been to the site for a while. Is it true that unapproved caches are now no longer viewable? A friend of mine just created a new cache and wanted to show it to me, but the URL keeps redirecting to the hideseek page. I am logged in.

quote:
Originally posted by embi:

The reason for this kablooey is that the 3 heavenly bodies are aligned tonight.....tomorrow everything will be fine!...

Sweet!

;~)

I've had the same difficulties as Kablooey, and although it is bad in that it will prevent us from sharing cache information with friends easily, I can see it as helping with stopping "campers" (e.g. trolls, lurkers, first-posters, etc etc) or whatever it is that people call them around here.

Iron Chef

I've been trying to tell myself it's just a change to get used to but I must say it's starting to get me resenting approvers for taking so long to get them through. Between this and the recent logs being cut back to 200 and the photo gallery to 100 it's getting pretty boring to try to follow the site closely. Just had to get that off my chest.

quote:
Originally posted by Ttepee:

I've been trying to tell myself it's just a change to get used to but I must say it's starting to get me resenting approvers for taking so long to get them through....

What are you talking about with the approval time? I've never had any problems with the approval process considering that things arn't automatically posted to the site. But even as such, I think that the time is good since it gives cache owners time to go back and edit their description and such to their preference.

They're human too, give them a break.

Iron Chef