show a series on the map

badger10

Thanks for the info. I created the bookmark and than ran the PQ. When I tell it to map it it does show the caches but it also shows all the others in the area as well. Is there a way to map the PQ and only show the bookmarked caches or did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks

badger10

Long time bug that the frog doesn't seem to be in a hurry to fix.

Save your PQ to your PC (it's a GPX file).

The go to GPS Visualizer

Upload the GPX file and adjust any settings you want.

Press the "Draw the map" button.

Here's an example of a series in my area

e6b4ae85-b303-408a-b67d-83672631ac14.jpg

Thanks for the info. I created the bookmark and than ran the PQ. When I tell it to map it it does show the caches but it also shows all the others in the area as well. Is there a way to map the PQ and only show the bookmarked caches or did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks

badger10

It depends on what you want to see of your PQ. If you only want to see the location of the PQ caches, then all you have to do is click on the little icons to the left of the map. One click and all the caches of that type disappear and a second click restores them. The icons for you PQ also disappear but the little balloons that mark them a part of the PQ remain.

This works just fine if all you want to see is the locations. If your PQ contains mixed types of caches and it is important to see the location of the specific types of caches then this method won't help.

You can also download a kml file from any bookmark, its a link to the right of name of the list on your lists page:

Bookmark Lists

list name >>>>>> Download Google Earth KML

Then open that in Google Earth.

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted. Seeing them all at once means I can plan my route without having to zigzag across town.

Newsflash

The Tuesday update to the GC website now allows you to view PQ caches exclusively!

The down-side is they are no longer providing Google mapping data (including the satellite photos), so depending on where you are the base maps may not be so good as you are used to.

You can also download a kml file from any bookmark, its a link to the right of name of the list on your lists page:

Bookmark Lists

list name >>>>>> Download Google Earth KML

Then open that in Google Earth.

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted. Seeing them all at once means I can plan my route without having to zigzag across town.

Newsflash

The Tuesday update to the GC website now allows you to view PQ caches exclusively!

The down-side is they are no longer providing Google mapping data (including the satellite photos), so depending on where you are the base maps may not be so good as you are used to.

I love the PQ update but I definetly do not care for the mapping situation. I use the google maps alot to zoom in and get a feel for what the area looks like.