How do I download found logs from my Etrex 10?

ChrisD67

I have just started using a Etrex 10, I have managed to download individual caches to my GPS and yesterday found some for the first time with this unit. How do I then log the found caches to the geocaching web site? Apologies if this is a very stupid question, but ive only used paper caching previously, any help would be much appreciated. :unsure:

so long as you logged each as "found" when out, it's pretty easy. plug the etrex into your computer, click profile>field notesthen Upload my Field notes (from a handheld GPS)and navigate to teh garmin folder of your GPS, upload the visits file and you're all set.

Next click on field notes and log each as normal, any field notes you've made should be already there for one.

Thank you to @The Frosties! 

I know this is an old post but it showed up in a google search. the link provided still works but is now labeled as Drafts on the left of your dashboard page. 

When navigating to the Garmin memory on the eTrex 10, the file i required was labeled as geocache_visits.txt.

Hope this helps anyone else who stumbles across this post looking for answers to the same issues.

Coops

• Upvote 1