Types of cache (General, scenic, historical, religious, etc)

Drifty

But if I'm only hunting for the historically significant, I could miss out on one that is particularly scenic. I may not know that I like scenic ones until I try them.

And what about the caches that are in multiple categories: sceneic, historic, and religious?

What about a category for caches that allow my dog to go on the hike?

What about a category for caches that are only 15 feet off the trail? I don't like stinging nettles.

What about a category for caches that they've sprayed to eliminate ticks?

and on... and on... and on...

I would suggest rather that cache hiders put whatever information they deem significant on the cache pages. People should be reading the cache pages for mandatory parking, warnings, etc.

If you're just using a waypoint downloaded from a pocket query, caveat emptor.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

I agree with Markwell on this one. A while back there was a thread regarding icons that could be placed on cache pages to flag various criteria. (I'd give you the URL, but I'm way too lazy this morning to look it up.) It became a very tedious thread. In my opinion, people couldn't agree on what broad reasons for the icons, more less specific issues to be noted.

The bottom line is, in my opinion, the categories you mention could be noted in the description. Beyond that, I find it interesting to arrive at the cache location and find a great view that I didn't expect, or something of historical significance, et al.

That being said, an icon for lakes that allow puppy swimming would be pretty cool.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.